Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Also you could ask if one of the ones they have is a damaged box and save another $25 (500 bonus points).  Over half of the ones I have bought were damaged box.  It sells just as good and then you're down even more.  Usually you do have to ask for them as most will not bring it up unless you do. 

Also you could ask if one of the ones they have is a damaged box and save another $25 (500 bonus points).  Over half of the ones I have bought were damaged box.  It sells just as good and then you're down even more.  Usually you do have to ask for them as most will not bring it up unless you do. 

What's the LEGO store's policy on damaged boxes, they give a certain % discount off the set or just VIP points?

I'm asking because tonight I just went to grab a Research Institute set and the XO suit set and the customer in front of me was buying and Tumblr and asked if his girlfriend could buy a tumbler and the lady said no you cannot purchase multiple tumblrs under one VIP card.

I am not positive but I believe they CAN look at your purchases if they want to.  So if you get a strict employee they can check and see your purchases with that VIP number whether you bought in store anywhere or online if you used that VIP number.  I try to use the force to feel out cashiers.  Also I generally know managers and the ones that tend to be more strict and in those situations sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and go with cash/no VIP number if you really want multiples.

What's the LEGO store's policy on damaged boxes, they give a certain % discount off the set or just VIP points?

Exclusives are vip points only. 500 for tumbler so $25. Opera house DS sandcrawler are all 1000. TB isn't very good as its just under the value for 1000 so you only get 500. Sets under $100 are only 100 now which is not much. The points are manually added on to your account. Any non exclusives are 10 20 or 30% off depending on the damage. Most fall in the 10 to 20 though.

Exclusives are vip points only. 500 for tumbler so $25. Opera house DS sandcrawler are all 1000. TB isn't very good as its just under the value for 1000 so you only get 500. Sets under $100 are only 100 now which is not much. The points are manually added on to your account. Any non exclusives are 10 20 or 30% off depending on the damage. Most fall in the 10 to 20 though.

And how do you go about filing the complaint of damaged boxes and do you need any type of proof?

$264 BIN with free shipping on eBay. That's selling for a loss after the 13% in fees and shipping costs. I don't get it unless they're an employee and got it for half off. 

I only have two and have them listed on CL for $300 for two weeks now with no interest. Depending on how much stock my local stores get in the next month, I may have to unload them at a little above cost and count the double VIP points and holiday promo set as my profit.

$264 BIN with free shipping on eBay. That's selling for a loss after the 13% in fees and shipping costs. I don't get it unless they're an employee and got it for half off. 

I only have two and have them listed on CL for $300 for two weeks now with no interest. Depending on how much stock my local stores get in the next month, I may have to unload them at a little above cost and count the double VIP points and holiday promo set as my profit.

Some sellers acquired their stock from pallets that "fell off the truck." But even so, that's not necessarily selling at a loss, if acquired legally. 13% would be $34.32. Shipping would be about 10 lb packed, so that would be $24.72 worst case scenario within USA via USPS. So, he could be making just about $5 legit, more if the buyer is close to the seller. Of course, this assumes the seller did not pay sales tax. Big assumption.

And then you have the people that will deduct earned VIP points, free sets, discounted gift cards, etc from the original purchase price to determine the price they're basing profit on.

Still not worth it for me.

Edited by minicoopers11

Welcome to the new era of quick flipping :D

We discussed this very thing in yesterday DD thread albeit with TRU's mini modular slant

I got two.  One in a tax-free state.  So on average, after cashing in points, the two cost me about $190.  Plus I got the promo sets I have yet to sell.  I sold one for $280.  Plus, I charged $12 for shipping.  It didn't cost me that much, so I was good there.  I made a decent profit.  I was just after quick money on the one set.  I'm saving the other for the Christmas season.

• Like 1

I will say it again. Those with dreams of big profits on a quick flip of this set are going to be really disappointed.