387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

quick question...

has lego ever changed up an existing set (ever so slightly) meaning...

these are first run tumblers.... with the last run tumblers, let's say in 2016 be EXACTLY the same as the 2014's?

Sets have changed parts in the past.  I know 10179 had at least one part change during its span.  Sometimes a part is retired within the duration of a set using it so the part is exchanged for the new one.  That said, the set itself is still the same.  Unless a set is stamped with a "1st Edition" or something like that, there is no difference in value of when the set is produced.

Hey no biggie I know your intent was good to help out fellow brickprickers.  Appreciate providing the status update to everyone.

Trek

thank you! 

i figured if i can help a few fellow brickpickers save some money and not get taken by the middle man, then my good deed of the holiday season is complete lol

Sets have changed parts in the past.  I know 10179 had at least one part change during its span.  Sometimes a part is retired within the duration of a set using it so the part is exchanged for the new one.  That said, the set itself is still the same.  Unless a set is stamped with a "1st Edition" or something like that, there is no difference in value of when the set ithank you for 

thank you for the input.

You probably will be shocked, but if you look at the list of "middle men", I bet 70% of them will be from this forum

well yeah.

but i'd assume that people that actively read these posts and participate in the forum are not the people going out and max bidding tumblers for 300+ for the set....right?

i'm not saying middlemen shouldn't profit i was just alerting readers of this post who are basically hoping to become middlemen themselves.

i get that but not to fellow brickpickers right?

Well, we try to do that too, but in the Bricktrader section of this forum.

Btw, if you look at the text of the Tumbler listing on lego shop web site(desktop version), you will see basically the same statement as you were making in your post (though they use better fonts). That text was there for about 2-3 weeks

Btw, if you look at the text of the Tumbler listing on lego shop web site(desktop version), you will see basically the same statement as you were making in your post (though they use better fonts). That text was there for about 2-3 weeks

ok ok ok i got it already about the font.

sheesh how easily feathers get ruffled.

and this is what it says exactly on the site:  

We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores

there's no mention that these will be back online in jan 2015 nor does it mention that more tumblers will be hitting store shelves at the end of October (which was what i was told will be the case). 

We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores

there's no mention that these will be back online in jan 2015 nor does it mention that more tumblers will be hitting store shelves at the end of October (which was what i was told will be the case).

Well, if you read through all 44 pages of this thread :-) , we basically extrapolated exactly the same

So I picked up my second Tumbler today at a Lego store. I casually asked the employee, "why is this not available online?" And she smiled and said, "because our company is all about people and we want people to experience Legos in out store and not online." She said it with a straight, yet smiling face. By the way, my Tumbler cost me $170 total. Sweet!

Umm, that's exactly what it says. It will be back online in 2015, and may be in stores in October. O.o

my thinking would be the quick flip days for this set is over.

Amazon has over 75 active listing. { look @ the number of new "just launched profiles" with this items and they have started to undercut each other. } some may have multiple of items as well.

i do see that its ranked relatively high. so its moving { i just don't know how many are getting sold weekly or monthly }

I picked up my tumbler from the lego store today. They informed me that the household limit was 1. When I asked why, they explained to me that people buy these and resell them at a huge markup. I replied "Oh really, you mean people actually do that sort of thing??"

Should have asked why isn't there a limit of 1 on every other set?

Edited by No More Monkeys

So, following their logic, tumbler is just extra super duper special. Nothing to do with underproducing popular set? :-)

NMM, i personally think that the initial and near EOL demand is totally skewed by "reseller-effect". if we are to negate and/or take away that impact; TLG does very good job of producing sets at near where popular demand wants it.

we have seen the effect, how widespread it can be and literally more than 1500 units of $200 set can be re-distributed within 48hrs.

having said that until the initial reseller demand is saturated "which can be very large" as demonstrated by the accumulation of TH, exo-suit; ghostbusters and delorean; i find it very hard to term it as "popular set".  don't get me wrong, TUMBLER is a very popular set; i understand that but i also think most of them are being hoarded by "resellers" making it seem like there is really extra demand for it. i am thinking about 40% of total sales of this set at this moment are being motivated by "reselling purpose".

i would rather TLG "under-produce" any set than "over-produce" and cause a huge saturation. and i am sure TLG realizes that and hence is feeding this relationship.

reseller-effect:

creating distributive storage of lego sets  than localized storages @ retailers (like of amazon; TRU; target; walmart in that order)

seen most recently with TH

• Like 1