Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Definitely good points. I'm not going to put in the time and effort to round one up at a price above retail. Too big of a risk to rely on LEGO right now for anything but havoc and chaos.

IF you have lego store nearby, then you can pretty easily get one at MSRP. Assuming they are willing to hold one for you till the end of day - otherwise it is indeed crapshoot

IF you have lego store nearby, then you can pretty easily get one at MSRP. Assuming they are willing to hold one for you till the end of day - otherwise it is indeed crapshoot

Only thing I was curious is I remember someone saying they called a B&M and the store shipped the set to them. I don't know with the Tumbler being such a strange occurance

Only thing I was curious is I remember someone saying they called a B&M and the store shipped the set to them. I don't know with the Tumbler being such a strange occurance

So, I take it you live far enough from nearest store? They probably will ship you Tumbler once January comes up. Otherwise, highly doubt. They have anti-reseller hat on

So, I take it you live far enough from nearest store? They probably will ship you Tumbler once January comes up. Otherwise, highly doubt. They have anti-reseller hat on

I live 2 1/2 hours from nearest store. Haven't ever even gone because whenever I am in town is during times where anything you could want is online.

Seems very strong that an item like this would be on such a limited production run. Then again, if TLG wants to make their UCS somewhat Exclusive again, why not. I guess we should be open to anything. Probable but most unlikely.

Still my personal feelings about this is that we should still be seeing this one for the period that NMM said

See lots of comments from US members saying stores have or had ample stock, but i think up here in Canada it's much more scarce (at least in the Toronto area).

Toronto/GTA has 3 Lego stores and a Discovery Centre all within a reasonable range of each other that i frequent fairly often, and none of these has got any stock since the initial release. I've been hounding them these past 2 weeks about their shipments and if they expect any as i sold off the one i had for around $365CAD on feebay and would love the flip a few more as there seems to be a bigger shortage up here and money to be made.

Ebay.ca has no listings for 76023 in "Canada Only". If this isn't all a plot, and we really won't see many until 2015... Canadians could be in for making some serious cash on this set! Of course some will buy from ebay.com and eat the high shipping cost/chance at import fees, but there are some who cannot justify paying $50+ in shipping from the US on a large set.

Most stores say they are on a list to receive a couple, but that's it. I don't necessarily believe what they say, but it seems to add up given the lack of availability here. Discovery Centre says they will get a whole 2 sets in in Oct/November, and will actually have some kind of raffle/contest for them on Facebook haha.

Mind you there are of course listings on Kijiji, certainly not many, and nothing in the GTA on Craigs.

I'll have my eye on the Lego stores all week for potential shipments of Tumblers and be sure to let you Canadians know in the "Canada Local Deals Thread" :)

• Like 1

*****UPDATE!!!******

I SPOKE TO LEGO CUSTOMER SERVICE and this is what they told me regarding TUMBLER AVAILABILITY...

THE TUMBLER will be hitting stores again late october.  Additionally, STOCK WILL BE REPLENISHED TO THE LEGO ONLINE STORE AT THE BEGINNING OF JANUARY 2015.

THIS ITEM IS NOT a "lego ideas" item so it is not a limited run.

it is open production until Lego deems it to be retired...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

what does this all mean?

DO NOT PAY A HIGH PREMIUM OVER RETAIL!!!

BE PATIENT AND BUY IT FROM LEGO FOR MSRP!!!

*****UPDATE!!!******

I SPOKE TO LEGO CUSTOMER SERVICE and this is what they told me regarding TUMBLER AVAILABILITY...

THE TUMBLER will be hitting stores again late october.  Additionally, STOCK WILL BE REPLENISHED TO THE LEGO ONLINE STORE AT THE BEGINNING OF JANUARY 2015.

THIS ITEM IS NOT a "lego ideas" item so it is not a limited run.

it is open production until Lego deems it to be retired...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

what does this all mean?

DO NOT PAY A HIGH PREMIUM OVER RETAIL!!!

BE PATIENT AND BUY IT FROM LEGO FOR MSRP!!!

ummmmmmmmmmmmm, thats how we make our money around here.

whats up with the font???????

ummmmmmmmmmmmm, thats how we make our money around here.

whats up with the font???????

BA don't you know those vicious thieving greedy 3rd party middleman resellers that stock up skids of sets to flip short term and long term?

Who are they I did not know such people existed on this site? ROFL

• Like 1

Yes, sell this season. This set should be around for a few years, despite stock fluctuations.

quick question...

has lego ever changed up an existing set (ever so slightly) meaning...

these are first run tumblers.... with the last run tumblers, let's say in 2016 be EXACTLY the same as the 2014's?

See lots of comments from US members saying stores have or had ample stock, but i think up here in Canada it's much more scarce (at least in the Toronto area).

Toronto/GTA has 3 Lego stores and a Discovery Centre all within a reasonable range of each other that i frequent fairly often, and none of these has got any stock since the initial release. I've been hounding them these past 2 weeks about their shipments and if they expect any as i sold off the one i had for around $365CAD on feebay and would love the flip a few more as there seems to be a bigger shortage up here and money to be made.

Ebay.ca has no listings for 76023 in "Canada Only". If this isn't all a plot, and we really won't see many until 2015... Canadians could be in for making some serious cash on this set! Of course some will buy from ebay.com and eat the high shipping cost/chance at import fees, but there are some who cannot justify paying $50+ in shipping from the US on a large set.

Most stores say they are on a list to receive a couple, but that's it. I don't necessarily believe what they say, but it seems to add up given the lack of availability here. Discovery Centre says they will get a whole 2 sets in in Oct/November, and will actually have some kind of raffle/contest for them on Facebook haha.

Mind you there are of course listings on Kijiji, certainly not many, and nothing in the GTA on Craigs.

I'll have my eye on the Lego stores all week for potential shipments of Tumblers and be sure to let you Canadians know in the "Canada Local Deals Thread" :)

the 3 lego stores have been receiving them.  I know yorkdale and sherway got a bunch of them in on wednesday evening but were all gobbled up and reserved thursday morning.  So once you find out when they receive their shipments and call them, you can reserve it.