Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

SJ, CA store had 4 Tumblers in stock this morning.

Got there 5min before opening and there were four guys already in line.

By the time store opened there were eight guys in line.

Turns out half the people were there for the Series 12 CMF.

I got my tumbler w/ the promo and 2x VIP.

Last guy in line missed out.  Clerk said don't worry, they'll get lots more in.

Thinking this won't be as limited as everyone thinks.

Is that the Valley Fair store? I'm closer to the one in Pleasanton and they haven't had any, but I also don't have time to go when they open during the week. Damn job keeps getting in the way of my brickpicker fun! haha

Wait until people start shopping for Christmas and can either drive 50-200 miles to a shop to maybe get one or just overpay online. That season is fast approaching and many people think they will just go to lego.com and grab one. When they realize they can't refer to the first part of my post.

Wait until people start shopping for Christmas and can either drive 50-200 miles to a shop to maybe get one or just overpay online. That season is fast approaching and many people think they will just go to lego.com and grab one. When they realize they can't refer to the first part of my post.

Folks are speculating that TLC is doing the mind trick. They made 37R4 run, allocated some portion to physical stores to provide at least limited current availability, but sitting on the pile. Comes November - BAM! overflowing shelves and in stores and online...

I will be selling my only copy soon and hedging my bets. Stocking up on things with a actual EOL soon instead. $200 tied up to a set that just got released and will be available readily (IMO) in 2015 isn't worth holding onto. I don't tuck sets away forever yet. Dont have the money flow to do that.

• Like 1

Sold 3 more out of the 5 I got this week at 300 per. This set is just a great money maker. Even with larger weekly store shipments they are selling steady. Who knows where they'll be at the holiday but I do not see them dipping to much below 300 until after January. It has helped that with the exception of 2 weeks this set has had great promos as well (cooper spaceman and double points / holiday set 1)

Agreed. Everyone with dreams of $400 + flips this holiday are probably going to be very disappointed.

If retail access to this set remains LEGO store only till early next year, there will be a shortage of these sets at Christmas. It is early yet and most people have not even thought about shopping for Christmas yet. $400 for this set in December are quite possible if things remain the way they are right now IMO.

The entire basis of arbitrage is to place supply where demand exists but supply does not. Prices will rise because there are no Lego stores nearby for buyers to go to and all available online stock will be immediately poofed by brickvestors as has been the pattern. Here come us smarmy resellers to provide the stock at the new market price. It is possible that there will be a glut of availability once sellers enter the market, but that supply will dry quickly. You have remember that much of this stock sold is being built and not held for resale.

TL;DR

IMO this set will deliver excellent Xmas ROI.

I went into the lego store leeds with the family and they had one tumbler in stock.  I already have 2.  I wanted to get it but the wife would not let me. 
Should I 

A.  Divorce her

B.  Thank her for restraining me from overspending on a risky short term investment.

C.  Say nothing then remind her about it repeatedly when people are reselling them for

• Like 4

I went into the lego store leeds with the family and they had one tumbler in stock.  I already have 2.  I wanted to get it but the wife would not let me. 

Should I 

A.  Divorce her

B.  Thank her for restraining me from overspending on a risky short term investment.

C.  Say nothing then remind her about it repeatedly when people are reselling them for

Should I 

A.  Divorce her

Try option E.

E. Have the store hold the set for you and go back and buy it later that day without your wife there and then hide it somewhere in the house.

There are stores that'll hold them?  I called 2 yesterday and they both said no holds.  One of them claimed they had 2 so I went less than 2 hours after I called to check and they were sold out by the time I got there.  I called again this morning and that store said they had 1.  I'm not sure if they're told to say they have some in stock just to get people into the store when they don't actually have any.  That sucks because I drove ~40 minutes one way yesterday when they said they had them.   :threaten:

There are stores that'll hold them?  I called 2 yesterday and they both said no holds.  One of them claimed they had 2 so I went less than 2 hours after I called to check and they were sold out by the time I got there.  I called again this morning and that store said they had 1.  I'm not sure if they're told to say they have some in stock just to get people into the store when they don't actually have any.  That sucks because I drove ~40 minutes one way yesterday when they said they had them.   :threaten:

My local store can hold sets for me. I did it yesterday with the TH. I called and asked if they could hold it for me and I picked it up later that day. I guess it depends on the store manager.

A couple weeks ago I was able to get one held. I called the day before their estimated arrival and they said they weren't even sure if the manager would let them hold any. Turns out the manager did allow it, but only the typical "until end of same day."

Ebay USA price watch -

I just spent some time looking at "Sold" listings for 76023, NISB, In hand, ready to ship, in US.  Tabulated the last 50 sales (9/25/14 thru 10/4/14).  Here's what I found:

Avg. Price for all fifty = $280.53 + shipping* (Was closer to $285 at end of Sep, but has dipped to about $267 over past few days).

Buy it now avg (32 sales) = $287

Auction avg (18 sales) = $269

*Price does not include shipping.  If listing included "free shipping", I deducted $20 from sale price.  If listing included a free polybag, I deducted $6 from sale price.