387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

See this thread on Canada shortage - put it all together makes it interesting -

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11803-canada-is-facing-a-lego-shortage/#entry336526

Wow this is pretty chilling put this with the Tumbler scenario and it makes you wonder how big of a global shortage there will be for this Christmas.

Think about this there is 13 weeks left, the Tumbler is going to Lego B&M exclusively, bump it up to 20 per week like some get (it will not be that high) x 76 stores that means there is 19,760 more Tumblers for the US through Christmas. 300+ Million people.  Not a lot.  Should make resellers on ebay whoever they are do well.

So just got my Tumbler, that I'd like to Xmas flip, but this talk of Paypal 180-day return policy has got me spooked.  Did some looking around... how about using "tamper evident" labels, like these:

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-8326/Shipping-and-Handling-Labels/Tamper-Evident-Labels-0001-0100?pricode=WY783&gadtype=pla&id=73106815042&gclid=CJyIq_Xu_MACFSMV7AoddEcAqw&gclsrc=aw.ds

1. Take a fresh numbered label, and initial it w/ a sharpie.

2. Run a copy of it, note the label number, and auction number on your copy paper, and file it.

3. Peel the label and attach it to your Tumbler (might even tuck it inside the box flap).

4. Photograph it, and put the photo in your auction listing.

5. Note in your auction, "Item package has non-removeable serial number attached.  Returns will not be accepted for open merchandise, nor for items without correct / identical serial numbered label."

Of course, not fool proof, but could deter those planning to build their Tumbler on Christmas Day, then buy one on the cheap in January and return it to you.  Thoughts?

So just got my Tumbler, that I'd like to Xmas flip, but this talk of Paypal 180-day return policy has got me spooked.  Did some looking around... how about using "tamper evident" labels, like these:

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-8326/Shipping-and-Handling-Labels/Tamper-Evident-Labels-0001-0100?pricode=WY783&gadtype=pla&id=73106815042&gclid=CJyIq_Xu_MACFSMV7AoddEcAqw&gclsrc=aw.ds

1. Take a fresh numbered label, and initial it w/ a sharpie.

2. Run a copy of it, note the label number, and auction number on your copy paper, and file it.

3. Peel the label and attach it to your Tumbler (might even tuck it inside the box flap).

4. Photograph it, and put the photo in your auction listing.

5. Note in your auction, "Item package has non-removeable serial number attached.  Returns will not be accepted for open merchandise, nor for items without correct / identical serial numbered label."

Of course, not fool proof, but could deter those planning to build their Tumbler on Christmas Day, then buy one on the cheap in January and return it to you.  Thoughts?

only as a deterrent. having seal codes photographed might also help (as deterrent). Scammer can always say that minifigures were missing or whatnot

NMM, Yes, I'm just building on ideas from you and tonysbricks.  The serial number thing just seemed like it might be a bit stronger deterrent, over seal codes. Like you (or somebody) said... if you can show a scammer that you' re wise to him and you're putting up a defense, he'll be more likely to skip your auction, and look for an easier target.  In case of an actual dispute, I doubt Paypal would side with us based on these "stickers".

I am down at Disney this week. Was able to get a Tumbler. They are quite protective of them. Great store. Tons of kids. The employee said its like Black Friday in there every day

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704317.551494.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704337.225651.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704354.503235.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704381.428276.jpg

That hulk is BADASS!!! Edited by speedsausage
  • Like 1

I am down at Disney this week. Was able to get a Tumbler. They are quite protective of them. Great store. Tons of kids. The employee said its like Black Friday in there every day

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704317.551494.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704337.225651.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704354.503235.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker Forum1411704381.428276.jpg

We used to live in orlando and went there a lot. My daughter built one of the blocks for the hulk. They let all the kids each do a section.

Yeah i wanted to walk out of there with that thing.  I would have to buy it a plane ticket it home.  I would put it in first class :)

Would be well worth the ticket to see the looks on peoples faces with the Hulk sitting next to you!

Its a fun store but you can really only take it in small doses.  It gets so crowded in there at times you can barely walk.  The employee was 100% correct in stating its like Black Friday everyday.  

Not sure if you're going to the park in Winter Haven or not but you can do the admission thing to look at the shop there and as long as you come out in an hour they refund the admission price.

Picked up a Tumbler from the Freehold, NJ store yesterday.  There were two left in case anyone in the area cares.

I think their delivery day is wednesday or thursday if im not mistaken. last time i tried that store a few weeks back apparently there was a line as soon as it opened. all eight gone at 9:01