1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Lol then it would be up there with taj mahal and grand carousel

sure we can dream..

but sorry to burst your bubble, i don't think i can even put the this in the same category of "taj mahal" and/or "grand carousel"

i have a feeling that "taj mahal" being one of the seven wonders of the world has a world wide recognition and hence commands higher price?

sure we can dream..

but sorry to burst your bubble, i don't think i can even put the this in the same category of "taj mahal" and/or "grand carousel"

i have a feeling that "taj mahal" being one of the seven wonders of the world has a world wide recognition and hence commands higher price?

Just what are you saying about Batman vs the Taj Mahal?  (just kidding)

My LBR got their shipment in today. Put them on hold and glad I did as when I got there the reseller pack was front and center picking up their stack as well. Was like the good old days. These will be back instore and online in January. They are not changing the set, just shortage plain and simple from what I was told by the store manager. They will be getting small shipments weekly instore until the end of december and was told to call to put them on hold as they would not be put out on the shelves. Flipping for cash, bitcoin, wire transfer, or paypal gifted funds only.

sure we can dream..

Yeah, only Millenium Falcon could probably replace Taj Mahal  on the list of wonders....

• Like 1

NMM hope you know I was being sarcastic.  Thanks for the perfect link to recap it.  The mod I was speaking about was on a forum (here, fbtb, thebrickfan or toys ****** bricks) that was a custom mod to build better support in it.   :)

oh, i got you. i saw that post, was just reiterating that I doubt that TLC cares too much about stability (i am looking at you, B-Wing...)

My LBR got their shipment in today. Put them on hold and glad I did as when I got there the reseller pack was front and center picking up their stack as well. Was like the good old days. These will be back instore and online in January. They are not changing the set, just shortage plain and simple from what I was told by the store manager. They will be getting small shipments weekly instore until the end of december and was told to call to put them on hold as they would not be put out on the shelves. Flipping for cash, bitcoin, wire transfer, or paypal gifted funds only.

I called my local and he said the same thing, "We will be getting deliveries every week until December". FWIW

My Lego store manager claims they only keep their unit in the window when Tumbler stock is available, otherwise they are driven crazy by requests for it and cannot help other customers during peak times.

Also...

Up to this point, the Southern California B&M stores have been receiving 6-8 Tumblers weekly. Three of the stores here received shipments of 20 this week- cannot confirm the others, but clearly inventory is ramping up.

A final piece of advice: if calling your closest B&M about inventory, claim you have been hunting it as a gift for your kid/niece/nephew/etc. and you will get an honest answer. Some locations are saying no over the phone due to their high awareness of resellers hunting for it.

Lol I sold it to him.... Great fellow brickpicker member. He has an awesome collection. I have very strong access to the Tumbler as I travel daily for business and have access to seven B&M stores in So. Cal. And AZ. For those interested....

In last two weeks:

Three flips @$290, Craigslist

One @ $250 to fellow Brickpicker who caught me traveling at THE right time,

Two more inventoried to sell, and will continue to acquire as Holidays near. There are multiple Craigslist Tumbler listings that are keeping these below three hundred a unit- should get higher returns in less metropolitan areas, and much higher as holidays approach.

• Like 2

My Lego store manager claims they only keep their unit in the window when Tumbler stock is available, otherwise they are driven crazy by requests for it and cannot help other customers during peak times.

Also...

Up to this point, the Southern California B&M stores have been receiving 6-8 Tumblers weekly. Three of the stores here received shipments of 20 this week- cannot confirm the others, but clearly inventory is ramping up.

A final piece of advice: if calling your closest B&M about inventory, claim you have been hunting it as a gift for your kid/niece/nephew/etc. and you will get an honest answer. Some locations are saying no over the phone due to their high awareness of resellers hunting for it.

oh man that's a trip to the ethics forum.

I'm not saying call and claim you're with the Make-A-Wish Foundation- just that, if you are an adult male calling "to check Tumbler inventory" three minutes after your store opens on a weekday, don't be surprised if the person on the other end presumes you to be a businessperson and not an "enthusiast". They may gladly tell you no regardless of the truth.

Unethical? I do not think so... But certainly to each their own. I simply deem it a more strategic method to obtain accurate information.