Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

You can argue all you want but in he said/she said cases you cannot win as a seller. If you sell these as merchandise and take paypal the buyer has up to 180 days to return by claiming SNAD through paypal after 11/18/14. Luckily most buyers who pay $800 for a set that is readily available for $200 in April 2015 will be honest (umm right). I will be flipping for cash only. Won't be taking paypal for brick classifieds either. 

Will the 180 day return policy being going forward after 11/18/14, or just until a certain date?

-

Sorry, I am confused... why would anyone think that this will not be available in 2015? I.e. why "feel", when TLC says they _will_ be available in 2015? or I am reading your statement wrong?

Where on the product listing page does it say they will be available in 2015?  We can't use the statements of Lego shop employees as fact.

Where on the product listing page does it say they will be available in 2015?  We can't use the statements of Lego shop employees as fact.

I dont think it shows up on the mobile version or on ipad but when you click on the actual item from the list of super heroes sets it says:

We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores

Price $199.99

Not sure if that answers your question or if you were refering to the above statement not pertaining to availability in 2015.

Quick questions guys someone on cl is bringing a tumbler to me for $250 and I was debating whether or not I should crack it open when he brings it to be sure everything's legit or would that tank the value on it? Thanks

This will sound stupid but I am serious, do you have a postal scale for shipping?  Get the tumbler weights online and then weigh it on the spot on a flat surface with the scale before you pay for him.  Then keep it sealed, I think opening would effect value (it would for me if I was a buyer) If I saw one for $500 opened and $600 sealed I would take the sealed.  Each person is different so maybe not...

This will sound stupid but I am serious, do you have a postal scale for shipping? Get the tumbler weights online and then weigh it on the spot on a flat surface with the scale before you pay for him. Then keep it sealed, I think opening would effect value (it would for me if I was a buyer) If I saw one for $500 opened and $600 sealed I would take the sealed. Each person is different so maybe not...

Plenty of folks grab a scale for the ride

Quick questions guys someone on cl is bringing a tumbler to me for $250 and I was debating whether or not I should crack it open when he brings it to be sure everything's legit or would that tank the value on it? Thanks

This will sound stupid but I am serious, do you have a postal scale for shipping? Get the tumbler weights online and then weigh it on the spot on a flat surface with the scale before you pay for him. Then keep it sealed, I think opening would effect value (it would for me if I was a buyer) If I saw one for $500 opened and $600 sealed I would take the sealed. Each person is different so maybe not...

That's a good idea trek or if you really do want to open it, open it in front of him!

I actually don't have a scale and this may sound really stupid but I kinda wanna keep it for me since I missed out on it haha but I have that felling it's better to be safe then sorry so maybe I will ask if I can open it and if I do decide to flip it I ll still make a ton if money on it

I would open it and check for the figures and stickers. Those things weigh so little that they will barely register, and just having the scale slightly tipped or how things are arranged in the box can throw your weigh off enough.

Then post it as new verified. While Joe Collector may require a sealed set, Joe Collector's Grandma who is buying this for Joe Collector for Christmas probably did not receive instructions to only buy a factory sealed set. I think the risk far outweighs (hah) the reward in this case to play around.

This will sound stupid but I am serious, do you have a postal scale for shipping?  Get the tumbler weights online and then weigh it on the spot on a flat surface with the scale before you pay for him.  Then keep it sealed, I think opening would effect value (it would for me if I was a buyer) If I saw one for $500 opened and $600 sealed I would take the sealed.  Each person is different so maybe not...

If I was buying to build, and listing said "opened to verify content", and there was a picture of all the bags and parts, I would actually feel more comfortable when buying at over MSRP. But that's just me

• Like 1

If I was buying to build, and listing said "opened to verify content", and there was a picture of all the bags and parts, I would actually feel more comfortable when buying at over MSRP. But that's just me

Well its just personal preference, my house is pretty large but I have ran out of room to build & display things, so I enjoy collecting mint pristine boxes that are sealed and appreciate in value.  I rarely build any more, but I do.  I just built R2 this past Christmas and am picking one out for this Christmas.

Well its just personal preference, my house is pretty large but I have ran out of room to build & display things, so I enjoy collecting mint pristine boxes that are sealed and appreciate in value.  I rarely build any more, but I do.  I just built R2 this past Christmas and am picking one out for this Christmas.

We are talking about selling at inflated price of a set that is commonly understood as becoming widely (well, maybe 'somewhat') available in 2015. This set will not be bought by resellers at inflated price - if it is bought by resellers at inflated price, then you did not inflate your price enough. 

We are talking about selling at inflated price of a set that is commonly understood as becoming widely (well, maybe 'somewhat') available in 2015. This set will not be bought by resellers at inflated price - if it is bought by resellers at inflated price, then you did not inflate your price enough. 

Absolutely, I was just saying that if I was buying one to keep I would want to weight it and keep it sealed as that is what I do with my sets.

Since he wants to build it 100% for sure, I would certainly advocate opening it rather than weighing it or in fact do both.

The reasoning was not stated in the original question and I assumed resales.

My own personal preference is to keep and keep sealed for my own library of sets not for resale.

If I was reselling I would want to keep it sealed as well (my risk, my choice).

If I was opening I would absolutely open it before paying.

In terms of buying and selling the Tumbler, everything I am buying, including the one that was for me, I have decided to sell at Christmas at much higher prices.

I'll get my own set to be sealed and stored direct from Lego someday in 2015.  I am not doing anything except looking at it anyways so I'd rather sell for 500-800 and use part of one of them to pay for my own later.

Cheers.

I'm surprised amazon prices haven't ticked up a bit. I won't sell for $300!

eBay is ticking up a little but the quantity of sets listed is not like 6862. :)

If we see a convergence of restricted shipping and resellers not able to clean out LEGO Shop at Home stores any more it should start going up quite nicely. 

Lets hope.

One more idea, a pipe dream, what if they came back next year and said they are discontinuing the set and not replacing as the stability of the build was not to Lego standards.

Wonder what these would be worth then and how quick they would skyrocket? or tank?

I think skyrocket.

One can dream.

Lol then it would be up there with taj mahal and grand carousel Edited by California92563

One more idea, a pipe dream, what if they came back next year and said they are discontinuing the set and not replacing as the stability of the build was not to Lego standards.

Wonder what these would be worth then and how quick they would skyrocket?  or tank?

I think skyrocket.

One can dream.

lego has stability of the build standards?? :shocked:

• Like 1