Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

In other news, if you go to Lego's customer service and pull up the manuals, I am no Lego Manual expert but -

They have a v29 and v39 of the manuals already.

Both manual PDF's were created on 3/24 at the exact date and time.

The v29 was updated last on 9/3 and the v39 was updated last on 9/8.

That means that they used the same original file and traded out or changed pages to v29 on 9/3 and to v39 taking the original or v29 and updating it to v39 on 9/8.

If you hit Ctrl-D or Command-D on Mac in Acrobat and go to the description page it reveals lots of goodies like created in Adobe InDesign, creation date and last updated date.

I still do not think there is a major redesign or if they slipstream something they will not even tell anyone.

I think it is supply and demand concerns by sales upsetting customers for no product for a major item on display.

I hope I am right but i may not be.

PD you may be right I have no basis for my thoughts other than guesses.

That being said I just watched Gotham on Hulu and wow, its somewhat Dark and very very good.

If only they had flash forwards to show the Tumbler and Lego commercials advertising it on the show.

We would then be set.

Looks like Oswald Cobblepot is going to play a major role in the series so stock up on him for the future!

Just back from my Lego store to pickup the last Tumbler they had gotten in today and held for me even though they weren't supposed to (I know ethics thread) and the store employe who I know grain of salt, knows nothing (what I heard from a lego store employee thread) tells me they had to pull their display model.

So in my mind I'm thinking more evidence of my theory that there will be a redisgn. He says they got a memo from regional sales VP that they had to pull it. Well it was there in the front window last weekend and now is gone replaced by PC. If there was just a shortage of supply why pull the demo? Wouldn't it bring customers in that would then buy something else? I have seen other sets on display that were not in stock like WVC all last Xmas.

Anyone else that picked one up today notice this?

Codes: launch day 24R4 today 37R4

They had it in the back when I picked mine up today and as the lady was carrying it out it was kind of falling apart.

There might be something regarding a design issue but it is probably just supply related and they know how popular the set will be so no need to display it.

It is a very very strange situation at this point.

My set was 37R4 as well.

Got one @ a B&M.  Store clerk told me they got 18 in today...I picked up one, a friend picked up another (we're evil and introducing him into the wonderful world of Lego investing...once he sees the return on this by Christmas, he might become fully vested LOL).  Saw them restocking the shelf as we were leaving.  Have a feeling they might be sold out by tomorrow...

post-28706-0-84968200-1411528574.jpg

• Like 4

Seal codes are something the sellers who cash in on this during christmas can use to try and protect yourself. Take note of the seal codes and put them into the auction somehow, buried in the description or whatever. Put a photo of the seals on these where the code is plain to see.

If you get a set returned next year with different codes, you know you have a scammer on your hands and you can try to argue the codes with ebay CS since the customer did not send back your item. Better than nothing.

• Like 6

Just back from my Lego store to pickup the last Tumbler they had gotten in today and held for me even though they weren't supposed to (I know ethics thread) and the store employe who I know grain of salt, knows nothing (what I heard from a lego store employee thread) tells me they had to pull their display model.

So in my mind I'm thinking more evidence of my theory that there will be a redisgn. He says they got a memo from regional sales VP that they had to pull it. Well it was there in the front window last weekend and now is gone replaced by PC. If there was just a shortage of supply why pull the demo? Wouldn't it bring customers in that would then buy something else? I have seen other sets on display that were not in stock like WVC all last Xmas.

Anyone else that picked one up today notice this?

Codes: launch day 24R4 today 37R4

Nice I was told they'd be there today.  What a douchebag. 

Seal codes are something the sellers who cash in on this during christmas can use to try and protect yourself. Take note of the seal codes and put them into the auction somehow, buried in the description or whatever. Put a photo of the seals on these where the code is plain to see.

If you get a set returned next year with different codes, you know you have a scammer on your hands and you can try to argue the codes with ebay CS since the customer did not send back your item. Better than nothing.

Tony great idea!

Yesterday at the store I bought mine the employee also told me they had to pull the display but due to supply issues and not having them in store and Lego didn't want a display of a set that stores don't have to sell.

This. They took down the RI display too? Redesign?? Retired?? No. They are just out right now.

This. They took down the RI display too? Redesign?? Retired?? No. They are just out right now.

The model is big and an eye catcher when displayed. I bet they are just tired of people asking for it when they do not have any in stock. I blame TLG for not producing enough for the freakin holiday season that falls on the same time frame YEAR AFTER YEAR :(

You can argue all you want but in he said/she said cases you cannot win as a seller. If you sell these as merchandise and take paypal the buyer has up to 180 days to return by claiming SNAD through paypal after 11/18/14. Luckily most buyers who pay $800 for a set that is readily available for $200 in April 2015 will be honest (umm right). I will be flipping for cash only. Won't be taking paypal for brick classifieds either. 

You can argue all you want but in he said/she said cases you cannot win as a seller. If you sell these as merchandise and take paypal the buyer has up to 180 days to return by claiming SNAD through paypal after 11/18/14. Luckily most buyers who pay $800 for a set that is readily available for $200 in April 2015 will be honest (umm right). I will be flipping for cash only. Won't be taking paypal for brick classifieds either. 

Or you could just screen your buyers. The guy with 1000 feedbacks at 100% probably isn't going to scam you.

You can argue all you want but in he said/she said cases you cannot win as a seller.

This is likely outcome for suggestion above. The plain and simple fact is that you must factor in losing large sums of money to scammers as part of doing business. This is one reason why small/new resellers can have such a hard time. Not enough feedback to deter scammers (they usually prey on low feedback sellers) and not enough profit to recover. I think it is good for people to have hope, but not in this case since a seal code will not protect you as a seller on eBay. 

The Toys R Us parking lot is getting full.

• Like 1

This is likely outcome for suggestion above. The plain and simple fact is that you must factor in losing large sums of money to scammers as part of doing business. This is one reason why small/new resellers can have such a hard time. Not enough feedback to deter scammers (they usually prey on low feedback sellers) and not enough profit to recover. I think it is good for people to have hope, but not in this case since a seal code will not protect you as a seller on eBay. 

Then you could probably mention seal code front and center, with photo as a second picture, as weak deterrent. Scammer, having two choices, will probably pick easier one

The model is big and an eye catcher when displayed. I bet they are just tired of people asking for it when they do not have any in stock. I blame TLG for not producing enough for the freakin holiday season that falls on the same time frame YEAR AFTER YEAR :(

Naw, THIS year Christmas totally came out of nowhere.....I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around some of these lego supply issues. Anyone with two brain cells would know this set would sell very well and too underproduce to the apparent extent lego has right before the holidays is mind boggling.

Naw, THIS year Christmas totally came out of nowhere.....I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around some of these lego supply issues. Anyone with two brain cells would know this set would sell very well and too underproduce to the apparent extent lego has right before the holidays is mind boggling.

Rumor I heard was that they had to clear the production lines to produce more Deloreans because of recent surge in sales.

• Like 3