Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Can't you just do a 14-day return policy say up until Dec 9 and then any after that choose no return?  I guess that makes some people lose top-seller status etc.  Luckily (or maybe unluckily) that isn't a concern for me.

It would certainly stink but if you managed to sell 5 of these for say 700-800 and one got returned that's still some nice profiting!

Can't you just do a 14-day return policy say up until Dec 9 and then any after that choose no return?  I guess that makes some people lose top-seller status etc.  Luckily (or maybe unluckily) that isn't a concern for me.

It would certainly stink but if you managed to sell 5 of these for say 700-800 and one got returned that's still some nice profiting!

You can put your own terms, they just don't matter if the customer files something.  Case can be opened up to 90 days and paypal will be moving to 180 day returns.  

You can combat some by putting in a restock fee into your terms.  It sometimes discourages the buyer from it but then you run the risk of a low DSR / Bad feedback etc.

Safest way you could kind of "pick your buyer" is saying they were $800 at Xmas just put a higher BIN with best offer.  Not something to high as you want to get offers but not low enough it will get hit to quickly.  

You can then do some research on the person who made the offer.  

Look at feedback amount (most all negative/neutral feedback comes from buyers with under 50 feedback, close to 50% of what I have tracked over the years)

Buying activity (make sure its not the first purchase in a long time by the buyer)

Feedback left for others (most troublesome users have a pattern of leaving high amounts of neutrals and negatives when they don't get there way)

Length of ebay account being open

If the user name has changed the last 30 days

• Like 4

Just got 1 today at Lego store in Charlotte.  I asked about any promos, and she said, "Sure, here's your Chima Firebike...aaannnnd... le-me-see if we have any spacemen left <quick look> ... no... we don't have any spacemen left."  You know when someone's talking to you and you just get "that feeling" by their inflections and expression that maybe they're lying to you?

Also, she said they had just 2 or 3 Tumbler's left (but she's probably not being totally honest there either).

You can put your own terms, they just don't matter if the customer files something. Case can be opened up to 90 days and paypal will be moving to 180 day returns.

You can combat some by putting in a restock fee into your terms. It sometimes discourages the buyer from it but then you run the risk of a low DSR / Bad feedback etc.

Safest way you could kind of "pick your buyer" is saying they were $800 at Xmas just put a higher BIN with best offer. Not something to high as you want to get offers but not low enough it will get hit to quickly.

You can then do some research on the person who made the offer.

Look at feedback amount (most all negative/neutral feedback comes from buyers with under 50 feedback, close to 50% of what I have tracked over the years)

Buying activity (make sure its not the first purchase in a long time by the buyer)

Feedback left for others (most troublesome users have a pattern of leaving high amounts of neutrals and negatives when they don't get there way)

Length of ebay account being open

If the user name has changed the last 30 days

If you set up a BIN listing and someone buys it and has met all the criteria you just listed, are you able to cancel the transaction,if you feel like this could south with the buyer, without any repercussions? (Btw, I've never done a BIN listing before)

Got one @ a B&M.  Store clerk told me they got 18 in today...I picked up one, a friend picked up another (we're evil and introducing him into the wonderful world of Lego investing...once he sees the return on this by Christmas, he might become fully vested LOL).  Saw them restocking the shelf as we were leaving.  Have a feeling they might be sold out by tomorrow...

If you set up a BIN listing and someone buys it and has met all the criteria you just listed, are you able to cancel the transaction,if you feel like this could south with the buyer, without any repercussions? (Btw, I've never done a BIN listing before)

Once you accept there offer and saying they pay right away no you cannot, or should not I should say.  Now saying you sold it at 3pm that day and you have 24hours to ship / upload your tracking a good idea is to print your label that day and hold for the next days mail / UPS pickup.  I very rarely ship out high dollar items that day so if the payment is possibly fraudulent it will usually get caught overnight.   If someone was trying to scam you once they see that tracking and think its on its way they will sometimes file a chargeback right then (this is all being hypothetical that they were trying to pull something).   It also gives paypal a chance overnight to flag the payment is something doesn't look right on there end.  It usually happens when you wake up and it will say to wait and ship until the payment is cleared by them so then you have some protection from them.  

Also if for some reason the transaction seems to be going south after payment is processed and shipped if you use UPS you can call and have it redirected back to you.  You can do it through USPS now too but theres is not as reliable as UPS is for getting them back.  Just from my experience on the ones I have had to do.  

Nothings 100% but following some of this will help weed out any potential problems.  The best thing is if you feel off about anything up front just block the user if your worried they are going to buy something and cause problems.  Usually your gut is right and I can usually pinpoint someone whose going to try to return something.  

Once you accept there offer and saying they pay right away no you cannot, or should not I should say. Now saying you sold it at 3pm that day and you have 24hours to ship / upload your tracking a good idea is to print your label that day and hold for the next days mail / UPS pickup. I very rarely ship out high dollar items that day so if the payment is possibly fraudulent it will usually get caught overnight. If someone was trying to scam you once they see that tracking and think its on its way they will sometimes file a chargeback right then (this is all being hypothetical that they were trying to pull something). It also gives paypal a chance overnight to flag the payment is something doesn't look right on there end. It usually happens when you wake up and it will say to wait and ship until the payment is cleared by them so then you have some protection from them.

Also if for some reason the transaction seems to be going south after payment is processed and shipped if you use UPS you can call and have it redirected back to you. You can do it through USPS now too but theres is not as reliable as UPS is for getting them back. Just from my experience on the ones I have had to do.

Nothings 100% but following some of this will help weed out any potential problems. The best thing is if you feel off about anything up front just block the user if your worried they are going to buy something and cause problems. Usually your gut is right and I can usually pinpoint someone whose going to try to return something.

So with a BIN, you still have the option to accept their offer or not if I understand correctly? Not like an auction where it's sold, period!

So with a BIN, you still have the option to accept their offer or not if I understand correctly? Not like an auction where it's sold, period!

Unless they hit the full asking.  All offers you have the option to accept, decline, or counter.   That is why I suggested putting it over what its going for.  So you are basically persuading them to make offers.  Just don't go to high as then some people will just blow you off and not make an offer.  

Just back from my Lego store to pickup the last Tumbler they had gotten in today and held for me even though they weren't supposed to (I know ethics thread) and the store employe who I know grain of salt, knows nothing (what I heard from a lego store employee thread) tells me they had to pull their display model.

So in my mind I'm thinking more evidence of my theory that there will be a redisgn. He says they got a memo from regional sales VP that they had to pull it. Well it was there in the front window last weekend and now is gone replaced by PC. If there was just a shortage of supply why pull the demo? Wouldn't it bring customers in that would then buy something else? I have seen other sets on display that were not in stock like WVC all last Xmas.

Anyone else that picked one up today notice this?

Codes: launch day 24R4 today 37R4

Just back from my Lego store to pickup the last Tumbler they had gotten in today and held for me even though they weren't supposed to (I know ethics thread) and the store employe who I know grain of salt, knows nothing (what I heard from a lego store employee thread) tells me they had to pull their display model.

So in my mind I'm thinking more evidence of my theory that there will be a redisgn. He says they got a memo from regional sales VP that they had to pull it. Well it was there in the front window last weekend and now is gone replaced by PC. If there was just a shortage of supply why pull the demo? Wouldn't it bring customers in that would then buy something else? I have seen other sets on display that were not in stock like WVC all last Xmas.

Interesting. Makes me wonder if it`s not too late to buy in still at sub-$400. However, if they do make a redesign that is superior, won`t that tank this set? 

Still think they will not redesign it but you make the most conclusive argument to date on why they could.

My only theory is they are getting ready to run out soon on supplying stores and they want to really tamp demand down so don't advertise it and disenfranchise customers by taunting something they don't have so yank it.

You could be right.

Interesting did a search for redesign in last week and did not find anything but I found this on the Norway LEGO Shop at Home page and it is order able now.

That tends to make me think no redesign.

• Out of stock, expected ship date 4 Nov 2014

Edit: UK has the same.

Darn I was hoping to earn one of those 007 icons they look cool. Oh well I will be happy to go with your theory of just a holiday shortage and flip.