Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Went to Lego B&M St Louis today. They had 4 Tumblers. I walked out with one I got for $94 after cashing in my $110 in VIP points. The guy even said "good thing you got it when you did, it's going to be $800 on ebay at christmas." I just laughed and pretended like "who would do such a thing?!"

Edited by mscheaf
  • Like 2

Went to Lego B&M St Louis today. They had 4 Tumblers. I walked out with one I got for $94 after cashing in my $110 in VIP points. The guy even said "good thing you got it when you did, it's going to be $800 on ebay at christmas." I just laughed and pretended like "who would do such a thing?!"

:devil: This is going to be a fun ride. Glad I got on it today too. I am betting $800-$1000 range at the top.

Personally I would not want to sell them over 400ish on ebay.   Just a return / possible scam waiting to happen with them potentially dropping back down a few weeks later depending when in January they reload them.     I don't see them going over 4-5 to begin with them restocking in January.     

• Like 1

Personally I would not want to sell them over 400ish on ebay.   Just a return / possible scam waiting to happen with them potentially dropping back down a few weeks later depending when in January they reload them.     

Something to consider for sure. That being said you might as well not even bother getting in the game if you are concerned about it. Returns/Scams do happen a small percentage of the time and you have to build that into your business.

Something to consider for sure. That being said you might as well not even bother getting in the game if you are concerned about it. Returns/Scams do happen a small percentage of the time and you have to build that into your business.

I was saying from experience of other hot selling items over the years, not just LEGO.  Yes its a risk we take but things that get to out of whack usually have a much higher percentage of falling into the return/scams part.   A $200 set that turns into $800 3 months later only to drop when restocked in January would be a "high risk" factor in my book and could be a transaction that would fall into that small percentage of returns/scams.   Been doing this a long time and after years and years of seeing just about every online scam imaginable you start to think in terms of risk of sale.  Just takes 1 of these returned/scammed to ruin a big chunk of your profits from other sales.  Thats all I was saying to think about if it gets that high.  If your selling on Craiglist then you don't have to worry about, possibly just getting robbed would be your "risk factor" there.  Which in Atlanta seems to happen once a week.  28 year old was killed last week over a PS4.  

I already sold 10 in the 275-285 range and kept a few for the holidays.  

I don't think we can say that Tumblers will return right on January 1 though. All the message has said is "remainder of 2014" and with a shortage that major, they might not be ready right at the start of the year either, which might give a bit of time after Christmas to alleviate the risk of returns.

Edited by gorbasho

I was saying from experience of other hot selling items over the years, not just LEGO.  Yes its a risk we take but things that get to out of whack usually have a much higher percentage of falling into the return/scams part.   A $200 set that turns into $800 3 months later only to drop when restocked in January would be a "high risk" factor in my book and could be a transaction that would fall into that small percentage of returns/scams.   Been doing this a long time and after years and years of seeing just about every online scam imaginable you start to think in terms of risk of sale.  Just takes 1 of these returned/scammed to ruin a big chunk of your profits from other sales.  Thats all I was saying to think about if it gets that high.  If your selling on Craiglist then you don't have to worry about, possibly just getting robbed would be your "risk factor" there.  Which in Atlanta seems to happen once a week.  28 year old was killed last week over a PS4.  

I already sold 10 in the 275-285 range and kept a few for the holidays.  

Agree with everything you said.