Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

It's amazing that LEGO underestimated the popularity(and production) of this set.  This seriously could be the best "flipper" set ever.  Four Benjamins?  How about five a week before XMAS?  LOL

I'd say not producing the Frozen set in time for holiday shopping 2014 was the bigger SNAFU. I think they need an american at the helm to realize their full potential. Disney should just buy them already.

I'd say not producing the Frozen set in time for holiday shopping 2014 was the bigger SNAFU. I think they need an american at the helm to realize their full potential. Disney should just buy them already.

Probably true.  I caught my Power Ranger and Godzilla loving 5 year old son singing that damn Frozen song yesterday.  It hypnotizes people.  

• Like 1

i don't think they underestimated. its the game they have to play with so much resellers trying to pick up the set.

as with any set they release its the initial lot that's getting hoarded by resellers. there is a threshold of what reseller can/will hoard. its not $10-$50 set which probably has higher number of hoarders vs. $199+ sets whose demand will be slightly less. i don't think smaller fishes are going to go nuts on this set. but i am pretty sure big sharks are piling up in the range of 50+. once they reach a certain number resellers will be out of the accumulation and then its going to flow to regular joe/jane who is buying to actually build one.

LEGO just don't want to be left with sets in their warehouses. so they are releasing enough to maximize on profit as well. my sense is they make more profit if they can sell via their B&M vs online vs "other big box retailers".

i still think they have done a good job of providing this set via multiple avenues

a. wb stores

b. toys r us

c. lego B&M

d. dc entertainment

they are doing their best to channel it to the regular joe/jane.

Well, whatever their reasons for limited supply before the XMAS holiday, they might have help create the Perfect Storm for flipping a LEGO set.  They basically just stated this set will be almost impossible to find through normal retail outlets.  I never recall a statement like this.

Amazing.

I am so mad at myself for not getting one. I said to myself "This set is amazing, surely LEGO will realize this and produce plenty and there won't be huge flipping potential."

This thing is going to skyrocket. $400-500 easily, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it push $1k. This is going to be Wii like craziness. The one thing to watch out for will be post holiday returns when it shows up in stock again and they send you back a freshly purchased one.

Well, whatever their reasons for limited supply before the XMAS holiday, they might have help create the Perfect Storm for flipping a LEGO set.  They basically just stated this set will be almost impossible to find through normal retail outlets.  I never recall a statement like this.

sure; there i agree. they might have created perfect storm for flipping.

but that's better than them flooding the market like "minecraft" and/or "delorean" and/or now "exo-suit" where people are venturing into setting precedent for "boarderline practices" which does not bode well for the community as a whole.

disclaimer: i haven't bought this set from LEGO Shop at Home. waiting for 2 from wb stores. that's what i need for myself and the wifey to build bat-mobile and crash into each other :D

Edited by newbie77

I received a damaged Haunted House from SAH about a week ago.  I rushed to the closest SAH which was the Anaheim Disneyland Lego Store to return because the box was damaged and it was opened (I wanted a mint box).  I was the first in line when they opened at 10am.  The reason I wanted to return it right away was because I wanted to order another HH before their spaceman promo ran out (promotion was to run out September 15).  But, I noticed a lot of people got there early too.  Once they opened, I immediately went to the check out line to return the damaged HH but I noticed a rush of people running towards the Superhereo section.  You guessed it, they had four Tumblers.  Here I was waiting in line to return a damaged HH and the four people in line after me all had tumblers in their hands.  I was able to order another HH that morning (backordered still but may or may not be cancelled) and lost out on the tumblers.

I was keeping one for me and selling one for $310-320 on ebay.

With this news, I'm keeping both, will probably sell around early December, will try to find more, and will replace my personal one next year with one for me.

Anyone else thinking the same type of thing?

Absolutely. No point to keep a personal one right now. Sell both during holidays and reload in January

Worth buying in at $300-$400 you guys think? If this really is the only stock available for Christmas, this thing is going to skyrocket.

Think about what you would need to sell it for to make a buck with shipping this thing is almost as big as the SSD, add insurance and signature confirmation for item over $500 and that will be no less then $40.

Now that is an interesting idea...

Honestly if the supply is that low, the price is going up. $350ish may not be such a bad buy after all. In the even that Lego does, for whatever reason, decide to remake the set, the original is going to be worth quite a pretty penny. 

Think about what you would need to sell it for to make a buck with shipping this thing is almost as big as the SSD, add insurance and signature confirmation for item over $500 and that will be no less then $40.

It`s the collector in me, also, I didn`t buy any when they were available a couple weeks back because I assumed Lego would have tons for the Holidays. Oops... In any case, I just ordered one from a Bricklink seller in Ontario for $320, just because I won`t risk not owning at least one. Should have bought right when came out, stupid me. Arg!

Worth buying in at $300-$400 you guys think? If this really is the only stock available for Christmas, this thing is going to skyrocket.

I can see paying $300 for this set in this particular situation. We are in somewhat uncharted territory here with LEGO's warning of no substantial inventory till next year. You might be able buy one or more on eBay and use quadruple eBay bucks and save on taxes to make it less painful.
  • Like 1

I can see paying $300 for this set in this particular situation. We are in somewhat uncharted territory here with LEGO's warning of no substantial inventory till next year. You might be able buy one or more on eBay and use quadruple eBay bucks and save on taxes to make it less painful.

Good point, also I`m in Canada so paying even a bit more I don`t think would be bad. I just went ahead and bought one on Bricklink.