Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Do you have a link to the MOC? I have 4 bags left to go hopefully I will finish this weekend. I am hoping it solidifies once complete as this is a fragile build once you get past the core big hunks can come off if you pickup or press down in the wrong area. Also you have to really pay attention to the instructions, lots of places to make mistakes. I was really happy with the look but then I saw this pic

No MOC, it was just as I was building the Tumbler I was thinking the shape could be morphed into The Bat, especially the design of the chassis as a guide.  I didn't have any problems with any chunks coming off at all but had a couple of minor sections fall off right at the end when adding to the exterior.

I can get a 3rd today for 215 delivered with no spaceman promo they are out where I can get.

With ebay running at $300 I am not sure it is worth it for flipping purposes.

Anyone?

Depends what amazon means by whatever scheme they are running with tumbler. If there is really no wdespread availability until january, then it is going to be hot over Christmas, I would think... amazon is "still looking" inro the issue with no listings for non-fba, and all fba forced into preorder

Message on LEGO Shop at Home now says We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores

Smelling like a good holiday flip!

Wow, just read that myself. That is INSANE! How is that possible? I would imagine this would have sold like crazy this holiday - how could Lego have not seen that?

Message on LEGO Shop at Home now says We apologize, but this item will not be available on shop.LEGO.com for the remainder of 2014. Limited quantities may be available in October in LEGO Stores

It does sound good unless they are available at LEGO Shop at Home right around the beginning of January with those long return periods in place.

• Like 1

I was told small batches each week for 8 weeks basically leading up to Black Friday, then none in December and full release in January.  So far thats been the case, B&M get 4-8 per week and sell out right away.  So yeah could easily be 4 bills during holidays.  Then be available in January.  

It does sound good unless they are available at LEGO Shop at Home right around the beginning of January with those long return periods in place.

I might consider applying my own tamper-proof seals just for that particular case... with clear declaration and photo...  

though, of course, futility of reasoning with ebay and/or paypal is obvious. Maybe craigslist... 

It's amazing that LEGO underestimated the popularity(and production) of this set.  This seriously could be the best "flipper" set ever.  Four Benjamins?  How about five a week before XMAS?  LOL

It's amazing that LEGO underestimated the popularity(and production) of this set.  This seriously could be the best "flipper" set ever.  Four Benjamins?  How about five a week before XMAS?  LOL

i don't think they underestimated. its the game they have to play with so much resellers trying to pick up the set.

as with any set they release its the initial lot that's getting hoarded by resellers. there is a threshold of what reseller can/will hoard. its not $10-$50 set which probably has higher number of hoarders vs. $199+ sets whose demand will be slightly less. i don't think smaller fishes are going to go nuts on this set. but i am pretty sure big sharks are piling up in the range of 50+. once they reach a certain number resellers will be out of the accumulation and then its going to flow to regular joe/jane who is buying to actually build one.

LEGO just don't want to be left with sets in their warehouses. so they are releasing enough to maximize on profit as well. my sense is they make more profit if they can sell via their B&M vs online vs "other big box retailers".

i still think they have done a good job of providing this set via multiple avenues

a. wb stores

b. toys r us

c. lego B&M

d. dc entertainment

they are doing their best to channel it to the regular joe/jane.

And thank you LEGO Shop at Home for spelling it out loud an clear! I don't think prices would go that far if they just kept nonchalant TOOS without any extra text.