Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

Is there any scope to by this off lego LEGO Shop at Home now and resell on ebay immediately before it hit general list. I want one for myself but need to find a way to subsidise it? 

One of the things I can think of doing with this set is to buy one before it's released to the general public, and then part it out. You could sell the minifigures as a pair for about $100, and then you could try to sell the other parts of the set for over $100, like the actual Tumbler. You could even try selling the display plaque separately. The other way you could try is to buy one right now, and then sell it if the set is very popular, and goes OOS for sometime, but I'm not sure if that would happen.

Does anyone think that those monstrous tires will be used in other sets in the future? I'm thinking of just buying a few as "investments". I've never done it with a part, and was wondering if anyone has any experience, or input. They currently go for about $4 on BrickLink.

If those tires are only found in this set, they could go for a lot of money when the Tumbler retires. I don't think that Lego would use these tires in many other sets. My guess would be that they would be used in the future in another exclusive set, but that's it.

• Like 1

Does anyone think that those monstrous tires will be used in other sets in the future? I'm thinking of just buying a few as "investments". I've never done it with a part, and was wondering if anyone has any experience, or input. They currently go for about $4 on BrickLink.

i doubt it ... but you never know ... you can build monster trucks/cars with em ... haha

• Like 1

If those tires are only found in this set, they could go for a lot of money when the Tumbler retires. I don't think that Lego would use these tires in many other sets. My guess would be that they would be used in the future in another exclusive set, but that's it.

i doubt it ... but you never know ... you can build monster trucks/cars with em ... haha

Cool. I can see them going for $15+ after retirement. We'll see if they drop to $3 once more BL sellers buy Tumblers. Thanks for your input, guys!

Guest eightbrick

Holy crap!

Too bad they didn't do one of those awesome booklets like the SSD. Or like the ones in the Lego Ideas stuff. It would be awesome to see the making of the real movie Tumbler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnP9zfmi54

I plan on grabbing a few sets, just look at the spar from 10179. If they show up in a bunch of other sets and never spike in value I know a schnauzer that will have a very good time with them.

• Like 1

I plan on grabbing a few sets, just look at the spar from 10179. If they show up in a bunch of other sets and never spike in value I know a schnauzer that will have a very good time with them.

My Mini Schnauzer would have a field day on any of my Lego given the chance. She has gone through about 5 pair of shoes, trainers and slippers so far this year. I just never learn.

I'm surprised the tyres aren't going for more.  they seem to be the heart of the set, along with the minifigs, and I expected that their uniqueness would mean higher prices.  I even thought there might have been decent profits in parting out the set.

You're looking at the wrong ones. The new tires haven't been added to the inventory yet.

Note:

dot.gif

In progress. Still needs:new tire, new road sign.

The rear ones (priced at $4, part 92912) were also in the Unimog and Volvo loader.

I suspect the new ones will be going for more than $4.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the tyres aren't going for more.  they seem to be the heart of the set, along with the minifigs, and I expected that their uniqueness would mean higher prices.  I even thought there might have been decent profits in parting out the set.

Part out value should be quite decent I would think. The minifigs are going for half the price of the set, so you're left with a 1800+ piece set for basically half price.

Then there's the minifig base, the sticker, the new tires, the wheels, the instructions and lots of nice black parts.

Is it back in stocks yet? Wondering if it will be back for access to public.

My store said they expected some this weekend as they had already sold two shipments when I bought the last one.

Take that as you will as I don't think they know what they are getting before hand - I think the guy was trusting it by experience.