Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Same problem here.  Any link in the Brickfolio took me to AliExpress.  Cleared out all my cookies/cache, fixed the problem.

You folks with this problem really need to google "how to remove aliexpress pop up" or something similar. You also need to stop visiting sites other than BrickPicker where you're picking up the malware, browser hijackers, etc. :negative:

• Like 2

You folks with this problem really need to google "how to remove aliexpress pop up" or something similar. You also need to stop visiting sites other than BrickPicker where you're picking up the malware, browser hijackers, etc. :negative:

Well I'd like to have the same thought, but using 2 different pc in the same day with the same problem home ...

Not really sure what to say.   Perhaps its a link that was shared by someone in one of the threads here that did put some odd cookie or something else on your computer.  Nothing jumps out at me as what could cause that, it's not easy to spot if it is indeed an issue here.  If it was something with this site it would be replicating itself much more quickly and a lot more people would be notifying me.  Believe me, I am watching for it.

Well I'd like to have the same thought, but using 2 different pc in the same day with the same problem home ...

Then you visited the same malware site on each PC. Clear your cookies and cache on each PC and run a malware scan. If you google this its a problem being reported on multiple websites and the resolution is always the same... Clear all your browsing history.

Help !

Is there a way to tell to a member that his post has been moved, and where ?

I was suprised not to find a post of mine in a thread.

So I had to check for my profile (like if I was another member), than check the posts I made, to find were my post has been moved.

Not the easiest way to find a post that has been moved, even more if you've not been warned. ;)

Isn't there an option that send an email to the member to say such an action has been made ?

When a post is deleted (for example), and email is sent. I've checked in the notification options but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Edited by biniou

• 2 weeks later...

Help !

So I had to check for my profile (like if I was another member), than check the posts I made, to find were my post has been moved.

Not the easiest way to find a post that has been moved, even more if you've not been warned. ;)

Isn't there an option that send an email to the member to say such an action has been made ?

When a post is deleted (for example), and email is sent. I've checked in the notification options but couldn't find it.

Thanks

When my post get moved, I usually get a email with the words "Moderator Action" or something to that effect telling me that my post was moved. 

Help !

Thanks

I see there an option to notify you if a topic has been moved but not a post.  I can ask the author of that hook to see if they can put in notification for a moved post.

What happens when someone selects the Remove Award link under the profile view? 

gallery_41358_261_3083.png

If you click remove award, it will remove that award.   I see now, those were someone else's awards.  Ok, those links should be gone now.

Is anyone else having problems with the pictures on the web forum pages? I'm using firefox and it seems to only be the forums but the images are all messed up... Sometimes people's avatar's are off by one, then I scroll and it goes back to normal and the smiley's are cut off (see below).

post-8090-0-27524800-1428590103_thumb.pn

I fully think this is on my end, but I've rebooted and it's happening again... so I'm wondering if it's maybe a forum update & firefox update that aren't being nice to each other?

Is anyone else having problems with the pictures on the web forum pages? I'm using firefox and it seems to only be the forums but the images are all messed up... Sometimes people's avatar's are off by one, then I scroll and it goes back to normal and the smiley's are cut off (see below).

attachicon.gifforum_troubles.png

I fully think this is on my end, but I've rebooted and it's happening again... so I'm wondering if it's maybe a forum update & firefox update that aren't being nice to each other?

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary today.

The avatars and emoticons have been fine for me but for the past couple weeks any image embedded into a post from say Flickr that is past a certain dimension extends past the size of the reply going beyond the right hand side boundary. Strange because the day it started everything was fine just an hour before the problem started for no reason. Maybe something changed in the forum coding causing images to not automatically resize properly as normal.

The font size of the top menu in the topic-view inside the forum increased (as opposed to the top menu on the forum overview page), such that the 'forum' link now is hidden in the 'more' submenu. Is that intentional? That's one of (my) most used buttons to both go back to the forum overview page and get a reload of the recent posts on the right side, both with one click. And there is so much empty space in that menu now that could be filled with the old 'forum' button. :)

Edit: already back to old. Wow, you guys are fast.

Edited by 10230

I also was curious about a possible change to the menu on the main page.  Seems like there is a lot of spacing between categories.  I feel like the Brickfolio warrants having it's own place on the menu instead of 3rd down under "More".  I personally never really check out the Blogs and also the Lego Discounts could probably switch to under "more".  Just a thought.  To me my fav thing is the Brickfolio and it's what I would click on the most on the main page.  

I also was curious about a possible change to the menu on the main page.  Seems like there is a lot of spacing between categories.  I feel like the Brickfolio warrants having it's own place on the menu instead of 3rd down under "More".  I personally never really check out the Blogs and also the Lego Discounts could probably switch to under "more".  Just a thought.  To me my fav thing is the Brickfolio and it's what I would click on the most on the main page.  

I understand what you are saying, but there are a lot of other people that visit the site that do other things and don't use the brickfolio.  You have to try and find a way to organize the information that will work for everyone.

having trouble connecting through the Tapatalk app since the update. Is this already a known issue?

I am waiting to hear from them as to whether the mobile app will work with this version yet.  It may be a few weeks until its ready.  The mobile template is pretty good though,so you might not really need it for now.