Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Hi,

I am writing regarding the search forums functionality.  This afternoon I was having trouble quickly locating the "What non-Lego toys do you invest in or collect?" thread. 

It had cycled off the most Latest Forum Posts which is how I normally access the thread. I thought no problem, I will do a forum search to find the thread so I tried Search in the upper right marked forums for amiibo gold, then amiibo then mario and got no hits.

I can search and find when it is within "topic" but not "forums". Any hints? I have since bookmarked the thread but wish I could have alerted a few fellow brickpickers.

Is this thread not linked to the search database?  Thanks,

I found it pretty easily

bp_1424988030__2015-02-26_16-58-29.png

Make sure when you are searching that you see that you are searching the forums and not just the topic/thread.  That could be the biggest issue.  I would suggest that you return to the main forum index screen, then try the search just to make sure

Thanks for the quick response.  Searching for non works great, searching for many of the other keywords contained in that thread does not. 

I think I get it, it has to be part of the thread title as searching for "steamroller" does not return anything for me either. 

Is there another place to search for keywords in general that are not part of a thread title?  Thanks again, 

Thanks for the quick response. Searching for non works great, searching for many of the other keywords contained in that thread does not.

I think I get it, it has to be part of the thread title as searching for "steamroller" does not return anything for me either.

Is there another place to search for keywords in general that are not part of a thread title? Thanks again,

u can do an advanced search. Click on the gear next to the search field
  • Like 1

I didn't use the brick trader yet so I hope I didn't miss anything... but as far as I have seen you cannot sort by nationality.

I think it would be a nice improvement if that would be possible, since brickpicker has become somewhat international.

Like "show all countries" or only show x, y, z, ... (you know with boxes that you can check ;-) )

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am relatively new here and I was not able to find any answers for this in the forum. 

Can someone explain the components of the profile card and how those values are created?  Some are self-explanatory, like the number of post, but others are a mystery to me....like the dots above the post count.

gallery_41358_261_7616.png

Hello,

I am relatively new here and I was not able to find any answers for this in the forum. 

Can someone explain the components of the profile card and how those values are created?  Some are self-explanatory, like the number of post, but others are a mystery to me....like the dots above the post count.

gallery_41358_261_7616.png

You can hover over the little pictures to get a description of the "awards" that the user received.

The little dots/bricks are just a "rank" based on the number of posts a person has made as a member of the forum

You can hover over the little pictures to get a description of the "awards" that the user received.

The little dots/bricks are just a "rank" based on the number of posts a person has made as a member of the forum

Thanks!  Is the title above the profile picture also dependent on the "rank" as well?

Thanks!  Is the title above the profile picture also dependent on the "rank" as well?

Correct.  The new forum software will be released shortly.  We will release new forum rules and ranks and a better explanation of site procedures, such as the 5 post approval system for new members.  

Am I the only one who Use firefox latest version and never had any trouble before but since this morning when I look for a specific set and try click to see info on it .. it transfer me directly to ALI BABA knock off lego ?? ..

just tried 41005 : www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=41005-1

than it roll to: <removed reference to malware site>

ARE we under attack ?

grrr

Edited by gregpj
Removed reference to site causing all kinds of hurt.

Uninstall completly Firefox.. did an ccleaner, did malewarebytes .., re-installed firefox .. now seems to be ok ! .. but none of the programs I used caught something unusual .. so something is wrong somewhere !... How could it had linked my system to ALI express Knock off lego ? ...

somehow BP most have been tracked, or attacked by them to forward our search in BP to their system ?

Edited by gravtation