Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Jeff you need an Adamantium Star badge.

I eneded up dropping the BP app b/c of issues long ago. Using Tapatalk now. works well.

I also set up our Dart League Message board with tapatalk. works great.

Only thing I wish I could see for BP is the country flags (location) under the user IDs. They don't show up on mobile.

Jeff you need an Adamantium Star badge.

I eneded up dropping the BP app b/c of issues long ago. Using Tapatalk now. works well.

I also set up our Dart League Message board with tapatalk. works great.

Only thing I wish I could see for BP is the country flags (location) under the user IDs. They don't show up on mobile.

As far as I know, you won't see those flags on this mobile app.  It's not my code.  It's a service that works with our forum software.  The flags on the forum are a plugin I had created back when we launched it.

Once the iOs app store approves it, the BP app will be the latest and greatest version they have.  It should be approved in like 11 days from the App store.

If you would like to try and use it now, you can install it from here.  I just uploaded it. If you open this link on your phone, you can install it easily.

http://install.diawi.com/3dA2Ho

Let me know if it works for you

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this isn't high on the list, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

Are we going to get an Elves or Scooby Doo forum?  Or are those topics going to continue within the Friends and Monster Fighters forums?

I don't know that there is going to be significant traffic in either, but I thought I'd ask.

I'm sure this isn't high on the list, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

Are we going to get an Elves or Scooby Doo forum?  Or are those topics going to continue within the Friends and Monster Fighters forums?

I don't know that there is going to be significant traffic in either, but I thought I'd ask.

I think we already have those.

I wonder if they were merged (I think I created the Elves one).

I believe Alpine was talking about dedicated forums to post topics under.  I just created the two.  They are now live.  If they don't get much traffic, we can create another forums and stick a bunch of the less visited ones in there.

I believe Alpine was talking about dedicated forums to post topics under.  I just created the two.  They are now live.  If they don't get much traffic, we can create another forums and stick a bunch of the less visited ones in there.

Ok, Thanks - I was thinking threads.

Yep Forums.   Thanks for creating them.

PS - looks like you changed the style sheet for the main forums page, too.  Nice.

I know you guys have a lot going on with BrickClassifieds and the updated stock tracker.  It also sounds like there will be an update to how Daily Deals are organized in the future.

One suggestion that might be worthwhile before the Daily Deals goes live.

It would be nice if there was a convenient place to access affiliate links for the major retailers.  Often before a purchase I have to click through the daily deals thread, go to the first page, then find the link to Amazon, Raise, etc.  Maybe there could be a drop down menu item or prototip style show on hover at the top labeled "Affiliate Links" and you basically get the links at the beginning of the daily deals thread (like Ed's signature).  It isn't a big deal for items that are in stock for an extended period of time, but if something flashes in real quick and there isn't a link to it in the thread, it would be nice if there was an easy to find and convenient place (one click away) to get to those links.  I'm guessing the new daily deals functionality will address this but just a suggestion if you are looking for a stopgap solution in the meantime.

And as a reminder to everyone, if you are buying a large item off Amazon (non LEGO) and want to support Brickpicker, click these links first.  I forgot to do that a few times this year and I feel terrible about it. 

I wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue between the "new look" home page and the forums page link?  When I click on the forum link from the (new) home page it takes me to the original BP forums layout page.  If I then click on the "view new content" tab, nothing is new, despite indivdual forums being posted to as viewable through the Home page.  It is the same on my cell phone.  I do not use any apps.  Are there site updates being run etc.?

I wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue between the "new look" home page and the forums page link?  When I click on the forum link from the (new) home page it takes me to the original BP forums layout page.  If I then click on the "view new content" tab, nothing is new, despite indivdual forums being posted to as viewable through the Home page.  It is the same on my cell phone.  I do not use any apps.  Are there site updates being run etc.?

I don't tHink this has anything to do with one another. The forum is really it's own thing and all web/mobile templates are stored within it. At the bottom there is an theme selector. It should be set to brickpicker