Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

I am having issues with my content I follow section. Its not giving me the star anymore to go to last unread post

I'm having a similar issue where it is indicating I haven't read anything. I'll read a thread or mark it as read then a couple hours later it resets the majority of the threads as unread.

The app has been on the fritz the past 1 1/2 days. It won't load the newest posts and it puts me in the middle of a thread when I click on it. Don't know why but it might be something that could be fixed.

Yesterday I logged in from the front page and had this problem whereas just now I went to the forum then signed in and everything seems like normal.

I've been having this problem since the LEGO Shop at Home crash / brief BP outage on late Thursday night/early Friday morning.

I think it's fixed now, but during that time, both on the mobile apps (Android and iPad), and on desktop access, if I clicked on the stars, I would get thrown somewhere in the middle of a thread, to a time earlier than the most recent unread post.

I'll check and see if it's still wonky tomorrow, or back to being fine.

I notice in my scanning of the daily deal threads that some links that members post aren't BP affiliated, or people ask for their links to affiliated manually. Has BP ever considered automating this? It wouldn't even have to be server side it could just be javascript client side run after the page loads and replaces all the links on the page with the BP affiliated versions. Maybe it will reduce work load on the admins and help make BP more money?

Edited by tmock12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't received any push notifications since Christmas. I double checked my phone settings and the settings on the app and all seemed good. I even cleared my cache. Any other suggestions?

Can someone please answer this as I also haven't received a push notification since before Christmas. FWIW, I have an iPhone. Thanks
  • Like 1

Firstly, can I just say, I absolutely love this site. I am fairly new to Lego investing, and I love actually seeing my Lego collection grow in both size and value.

One feature I would love, and I sincerely apologize if this has been discussed and I missed it, is to be able to indicate on each set added whether it is for investment or personal. I understand that the site is focused on the investment side of things, but I like using it to track my personal collection as well.

Just a thought  :umnik:

brickfolio_badge_1_75b500f2-cab6-11e3-8f
  • Like 2

Firstly, can I just say, I absolutely love this site. I am fairly new to Lego investing, and I love actually seeing my Lego collection grow in both size and value.

One feature I would love, and I sincerely apologize if this has been discussed and I missed it, is to be able to indicate on each set added whether it is for investment or personal. I understand that the site is focused on the investment side of things, but I like using it to track my personal collection as well.

Just a thought :umnik:

brickfolio_badge_1_75b500f2-cab6-11e3-8f

This would be a nice feature, designating personal or investment. There could be 2 columns showing the numbers of both categories. Or maybe going a step further and provide us with the option of having multiple brickfolios per account.

Still not receiving notifications here also... Who do I have to throw a few bucks at to get this working again? It's really driving me crazy...

It's not about throwing money at anyone.  It's just about finding the time.  If you do want to throw some money at me, I will give you my address and you can drown me in it.  I won't stop you.

OMG! I just got my 1st push notification in weeks! Fingers crossed it stays!

The iOS certs expired.  I had to make all new certs and push files.   I have to look at the Android stuff to see if that is working or not.  Took almost 12 hours for it to start pushing the notifications again.  Should be fine for another year at least.

• Like 3