Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

I'm getting them again, it did indeed seem to correct itself. Although right now and for the past week or two they have been arriving anywhere from 3-10 mins after the event actually happens, whether it's a post in a subscribed thread, someone quoting a post I made, etc. Used to be great for the daily deals thread as I'd get notifications pretty much instantly, now not so muh.

Also, whenever a new notification occurs it will simultaneously resend me an earlier notification I already received. For example, Person A posts in daily deals thread, I get the notification. 5 minutes later, Person B posts in thread. I get a notification for Person B's post, as well as a notification for Person A's post which says "5 mins ago".

• 2 weeks later...

I can recall reading somewhere on the site (among the thousands of posts and replies I've read since joining) where it was suggested that some kind of scripting be included in the forums, where entering a set number populated the name of the set as well.

Would be very helpful for rookies who are still learning (guessing) all the set abbreviations that get used here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Brickpicker mobile app

this might sound like a dumb question, or just rambling from an inquisitve idiot, but is there a huge market for the free builds?  (aside from the fact that they are free) can a value be placed on these sets? I dont know how many people collect them, but i know they can be difficult to come by

this might sound like a dumb question, or just rambling from an inquisitve idiot, but is there a huge market for the free builds?  (aside from the fact that they are free) can a value be placed on these sets? I dont know how many people collect them, but i know they can be difficult to come by

My most profitable free build was Emmet's Car after the "LEGO Movie" release.  A month later, interest in it started to fade.  I have several Jek-14 free builds still in the bags with instructions, but I haven't tried listing them yet.  Surprisingly, there are several still on EBay, at least there were the last time I checked.

that makes sense, I was just looking at ebay (i didnt see any on amazon though i may bave been looking in the wrong place) i noticed some of the ones from this year (espessially the micro manager) are doing pretty well. they are fun builds for my son, and we enjoy getting them.  what kind of demand for past builds might there be in the future?

PC... used different browsers. posts take more than the usual to post for the most part

Sometimes it can depend on how many posts are already in a thread. For example trying to post a single reply in the "What did you buy today?" topic takes a while before going through while newly started threads needs only a few seconds.

Sometimes it can depend on how many posts are already in a thread. For example trying to post a single reply in the "What did you buy today?" topic takes a while before going through while newly started threads needs only a few seconds.

TOK is correct.  Depending on the activity on the individual forum can have a lot to do with it.  What is it like for you if you respond to someone in a thread that only has a few posts?  In the bigger threads, it may be spooling up and sending out 125 email notifications that there was a response to a thread.  The forum has been really active the past few days with the Exo Suit and SSD talk.

TOK is correct.  Depending on the activity on the individual forum can have a lot to do with it.  What is it like for you if you respond to someone in a thread that only has a few posts?  In the bigger threads, it may be spooling up and sending out 125 email notifications that there was a response to a thread.  The forum has been really active the past few days with the Exo Suit and SSD talk.

Thank you both, that makes sense

Ed or Jeff,

As of about 12:36pm EST today all of my brick picker emails that i get as they happen on all forums no longer display in apple os x mail.

They display on iCloud.com and in iPhone or iPad but not in apple os x mail.

the  message shows up fine but has no content.

I have two different computer systems and they both show this, messages before 12:36 display content messages after do not.

Was there a change made in any programming code today that might make the emails not be compatible with os x mail?

Ed or Jeff,

As of about 12:36pm EST today all of my brick picker emails that i get as they happen on all forums no longer display in apple os x mail.

They display on iCloud.com and in iPhone or iPad but not in apple os x mail.

the message shows up fine but has no content.

I have two different computer systems and they both show this, messages before 12:36 display content messages after do not.

Was there a change made in any programming code today that might make the emails not be compatible with os x mail?

same here

MODS: Please, PLEASE unlock the "Brick trader Feedback Thread."

I have used it a couple times to vouch for someone I'm trading with, and I've been wanting to leave feedback for people.  People are lazy and they won't go to the individual person's profile, click "Feedback" and then write something.

MUCH easier just to follow one thread and keep adding the feedback list in the first post.

True but leaving feedback is harder and people won't do it. Anyone who sells on ebay knows that.

How does a thread not promote the new feature? Just rebrand it as "Feedback thread for Classified Tool" or something.

I'm going to leave that to Jeff, as he had made it clear that he didnt want two feedback "options"