Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

• 4 weeks later...

I know you guys are busy, but I am just curious when the next price guide update will be? (This has probably already been asked and answered, so my apologies in advance).

Just refer to this thread:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10237-site-update-6-7-2014/

I am still dealing with a few issues of the data that I ran into when processing it.  I hope to have it resolved by tomorrow so I can continue and finish it.

Is anyone else having problem creating a new PM ? I was trying to send a new PM and got this message:

The following errors were found

You must enter their name in the appropriate field fully.

This personal message has not been sent

I went to the person's profile and click "Send me a message" link

Update.  I updated the API code for the forum phone app to the latest version.  The daily deals forum has 100x more posts than any other forum, so I can understand why its slow.  I have no access to their web services to see how anything is being accomplished so I personally can not alter the code or fix anything.   Again, sometime soon, version 4.0 of this forum software will be available and that phone app may not continue and we will just use the web template that they worked on to be very mobile friendly.

I looked at your Brickfolio, saw you had two line items for it.  I did notice the image was not there, so I fixed that, but I saw two separate entries.

Thanks, it works now and it's listed under The LEGO Movie category, which it wasn't before.  That's why I was searching for it, since it wasn't listed.

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed recently. I really did try to search first. :)

Is there any news or updates on the "share brickfolio" feature?

I know for a while, the link would say something's in the works and now it doesn't go anywhere.

P.S. I'm most appreciative in the value of this site and acknowledge all the hard work involved in creating/maintaining. No pressure is implied. ;)

Any ideas on why set number 60046 is showing a value of $0.00?

It's zero because it's a new set and there isn't enough ebay sales to get an average. Looking at the ridiculous prices ebay sellers are asking for this set it's easy to see why not many have sold. I think it's 30 or so sales before there is an average price generated in the guide.

It's zero because it's a new set and there isn't enough ebay sales to get an average. Looking at the ridiculous prices ebay sellers are asking for this set it's easy to see why not many have sold. I think it's 30 or so sales before there is an average price generated in the guide.

Right.  With the next update, if there are any sales, it will show up.  Jeff and I have discussed adding the MSRP price to new sets in the database with the next full Brickfolio version.  At least this way, the sets in your Brickfolio have a value until we get some sold listings back from eBay to come up with a value.  

• Like 2

I think a CAGR column would also be valuable since it is measured from RRP, with total return measured from anyones actual basis. So i may have a unimog at 40% total ror and a 20% cagr. This would good for analysis and historical modeling perspective.

I think our goal is to have personal CAGR and ROI for every set you input into the Brickfolio.  The new Brickfolio will have inputs for when an item was bought/sold and the prices at which they were bought and sold. 

• Like 1

I think our goal is to have personal CAGR and ROI for every set you input into the Brickfolio.  The new Brickfolio will have inputs for when an item was bought/sold and the prices at which they were bought and sold. 

Th only problem I see is generic modeling and evaluation.  if the CAGR as it sits today is not standardized (regardless of specific or individual basis) it becomes hard to use it as a valuation tool, for analysis and projection.  Very similar to CAPM in finance.  I believe that your tools and systems can become the standard for investment analysis of LEGO.  Many others have bought and sold, but no one has quantified the data as brick-picker has.  This would also position brick picker as the venue of first choice for this type of investment strategy.  Very similar to how CGC become the grading standard in comic books.  They set the standard and that is what people want, even though other grading services exist and in some cases are better, CGC still prevails.  First to market with a sound thought out product tend to rule the system, at least for a while.