Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Okay, I have a request - how about a "add this set to your Brickfolio" button?  Sometimes I like to look up a set, and I'd love to just be able to click a button and have take me to the add page, rather than scrolling to the top, clicking "My Brickfolio" and then the add button.  And then I still have to search for that set.

If I was already on that set page, I'd like it to just be a single click.

Now that is some service right there! :)

Thanks.

The Brickfolio looks and works completely different than it does today.

Ed or Jeff,

Thanks so much for Brickpicker! Any thoughts to adding a smartphone UPC scanner to the development roadmap to quickly bring up the brickfolio trends/value?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Sure we have talked about it many times. It's just a time issue. Too many projects and lack if time right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I put in an update to the price guide today, but for some reason, mass updates (i.e. updating multiple fields) sometimes generates an error.  Sometimes I can resubmit it and it works.  Sometimes it still says error, even though when I go back, some of the fields are marked as updated, awaiting approval...  Not sure what the error is?  

For example, I just submitted some updates for Cargo Plane 42025-1:  http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=42025-1

The error says:

Error! We're sorry, there has been an error processing your request.
SUPPORT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED!

An internal server error has occurred, please feel free to contact [email protected] if you have an urgent reqeust.

But then I went back and resubmitted, and the second time it went in without an error...

I put in an update to the price guide today, but for some reason, mass updates (i.e. updating multiple fields) sometimes generates an error.  Sometimes I can resubmit it and it works.  Sometimes it still says error, even though when I go back, some of the fields are marked as updated, awaiting approval...  Not sure what the error is?  

For example, I just submitted some updates for Cargo Plane 42025-1:  http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=42025-1

The error says:

An internal server error has occurred, please feel free to contact [email protected] if you have an urgent reqeust.

But then I went back and resubmitted, and the second time it went in without an error...

When I did a bunch of updates, I had the same problem once or twice.  I think that it is a problem with internet connection.  I noticed that when it took a long time to load, the error appeared.

Is anyone else having this issue with Firefox?

Any idea why Firefox would pull up brickpicker without any formatting?  Just the forums section.  The main page looks normal.

ed,

no issues on my end.  win 7sp1 (64bit) with firefox 28.0.

jg,

can you take a screen shot or two?

do you have any formatting add-ons / scripts installed like geasemonkey?

Are you using Windows 8? It has issues with firefox for some reason. Not limited to this site.

Nope.  No add-on's I am aware of.  I tried to add a screen shot here, but it said I wasn't allowed. 

I was able to use Firefox until a week ago.  I'm sure its user error but I can;t figure it out. 

The error says:

It looks like the error was from the fantastic detail you gave for where you got the answer from.  I appreciate the detail, but for something like that, you can just put a note like "All pricing obtained from the shop.lego.com website"

Try again and let me know if it worked

Ed. I still get very slow loading for Tapatalk on android. Are the tapatalk plugins up to date on the BP server?

I'm using Tapatalk 4.5.2 (fyi)

Additionally I've never had any issues with Firefox and BP site.

There is one newer release out, but the fixes were very minor.

I tried to add a screen shot here, but it said I wasn't allowed. 

Each of us has a user gallery, you can post picks in there via there -- just click your username top right, and select My Gallery.  Once posted to your gallery, you can then include it in a forum post via the My Media button.

Hey Ed, Jeff, and Admins

Any idea why I am seeing the "email marked as spam" red banner on all forum pages? I never changed my settings. The banner started showing last night.

I clicked it despite my settings were never changed. It went away briefly. Now the banner is back with diff content. In bold, it states "you have already opted in and opting in can only be done once".

Hey Ed, Jeff, and Admins

Any idea why I am seeing the "email marked as spam" red banner on all forum pages? I never changed my settings. The banner started showing last night.

I clicked it despite my settings were never changed. It went away briefly. Now the banner is back with diff content. In bold, it states "you have already opted in and opting in can only be done once".

You may have accidentally marked one of the emails as spam.  The message should be gone now.

To be honest, until just a few moments ago I'd never really researched to see if there were multiple outlets for purchasing individual LEGO parts other than BrickLink, direct from LEGO or from eBay.  The posts regarding changes at bricklink highlighted BrickOwl that BrickOwl existed, and it was an alternative to BrickLink -- for some reason when I'd heard it mentioned in the past I thought it was just an interface to bricklink not it's own site.

I was curious, instead of a Bricklink market place forum section, would it be beneficial for it to instead be Parts Marketplace or something -- that is more inclusive of all parts markets not just Bricklink?  Bricklink discussion would still be appropriate, but if there are alternative sites, shop owners and buyers could discuss them as well.

To be honest, until just a few moments ago I'd never really researched to see if there were multiple outlets for purchasing individual LEGO parts other than BrickLink, direct from LEGO or from eBay.  The posts regarding changes at bricklink highlighted BrickOwl that BrickOwl existed, and it was an alternative to BrickLink -- for some reason when I'd heard it mentioned in the past I thought it was just an interface to bricklink not it's own site.

I was curious, instead of a Bricklink market place forum section, would it be beneficial for it to instead be Parts Marketplace or something -- that is more inclusive of all parts markets not just Bricklink?  Bricklink discussion would still be appropriate, but if there are alternative sites, shop owners and buyers could discuss them as well.

Yeah thats a good point, i will rename that one forum to "other marketplace discussions" or something like that.