Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

I would like to ask when will be the BrickFolio price data set refreshed, it is showing the same prices since February. Or is this going to be a premium feature later?

The price data is usually updated once every month. It takes a substantial amount of time to update all the sets in the database, so the data is usually updated in the second half of every month.

March's numbers will be updated shortly.

Thanks for all your work! All of us collectors/investors really appreciate this site and this community!

By the way, do you know if the new update will fix a total piece count issue in my Brickfolio (my total piece count is not changing as I add sets), or if not, is there anything I can do (e.***. delete and repost certain sets) to help resolve this?

Jeff, is the list of sets missing Price Guide data linked somewhere on the site, or go through the thread that it is listed in? Thanks for the Price Guide update :D and for your response! 

It's just this link here:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/missing_data.cfm

I will make sure that gets added into the site soon.

Just want to say great job to Martin P, he has been doing a great job collecting pricing info.  I think I approved over 4,300 Brickpoints for him a few days back.  Great job!!

• Like 1

I didn't have time to read through all 67 pages, so I don't know if this has been suggested (I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything).  Anyway, I've been using the Lego Lot Calculator on a pretty much daily basis lately (awesome tool, by the way) and I think it would useful if it could be configured to show the MSRP and CAGR for all sets being queried as well as Current Value and Total Value.  For all I know adding those features might represent a huge amount of work, but if it's within the realm of reason I think it would be pretty cool.  Thanks and keep up the amazing work!!  

Another small suggestion: set pages like http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=4842-1 already contain links to rebrickable and bricker. It would be nice if, under the same category, there could be a link to that set on bricklink, ala http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4842-1. The URL schema seems to be simple, at least for the sets I tried - so that this could maybe even be hard coded (otherwise maybe give BPers the opportunity to submit the right URL).

Thanks.

Another small suggestion: set pages like http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=4842-1 already contain links to rebrickable and bricker. It would be nice if, under the same category, there could be a link to that set on bricklink, ala http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=4842-1. The URL schema seems to be simple, at least for the sets I tried - so that this could maybe even be hard coded (otherwise maybe give BPers the opportunity to submit the right URL).

Thanks.

We receive nothing in return from Bricklink, so that's why you don't see any of their sets. Jeff has reached out to them many times about working with them, but to no avail. Maybe one day we can promote their listings as well, but they have to be willing partners and they have shown little interest in working with other sites. Maybe some of you big time Bricklink store owners can put a good word in for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

We receive nothing in return from Bricklink, so that's why you don't see any of their sets.

I thought since it is only a link it wouldn't be a problem. It's not that that link would cost anyone anything. It would make it easier to use this site, which would it more likely for people to come here first (all links in one place), which I thought is something BP might be interested in. Why does everything needs to be about money...

I thought since it is only a link it wouldn't be a problem. It's not that that link would cost anyone anything. It would make it easier to use this site, which would it more likely for people to come here first (all links in one place), which I thought is something BP might be interested in. Why does everything needs to be about money...

Who said it was about money? Don't put words into Ed's response that are not really there. We don't make any money from Bricker or Rebrickable either, so you can't say its about money.

Why should we promote a site that doesn't even respond to Jeff's emails? They have new ownership now and Jeff reached out to them about some possible ideas and nobody responded.

Money? This site costs tens of thousands of dollars to run every year and all we ask is for people to click on our affiliate links once in awhile. We don't ask for money or donations, yet thousands of people profit from the information on this site.

Sorry for my tone, but this site doesn't happen without money or the thousands of hours Jeff has put into it for zero money.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 2

Sorry for my tone, but this site doesn't happen without money or the thousands of hours Jeff has put into it for zero money.

I am sorry if I was somehow indicating that this great site would not cost money. Of course it does. Hosting and traffic isn't free, and unless it's your hobby, developing for it isn't either. I didn't know about your problem with bricklink. Of course it would be nice if they would link back. I have to imagine that this is the current problem.

I just imagined that a lot of the users here use BL from time to time, and that it probably isn't a lot of effort to insert that link, and it would benefit BPs here. It would not be their listings, just their catalog. BP would kind of leverage their system free of charge in a sense. Thus, I suggested it. Again, I am sorry if I hit an open wound I did not know about.

I am sorry if I was somehow indicating that this great site would not cost money. Of course it does. Hosting and traffic isn't free, and unless it's your hobby, developing for it isn't either. I didn't know about your problem with bricklink. Of course it would be nice if they would link back. I have to imagine that this is the current problem.

I just imagined that a lot of the users here use BL from time to time, and that it probably isn't a lot of effort to insert that link, and it would benefit BPs here. It would not be their listings, just their catalog. BP would kind of leverage their system free of charge in a sense. Thus, I suggested it. Again, I am sorry if I hit an open wound I did not know about.

There are many things Jeff and I would like to do. Having some kind of relationship with Bricklink could benefit many LEGO fans, investors and resellers, Bricklink and us. We have some really great ideas, but for the longest time, the powers that be at Bricklink have been difficult to communicate with and we haven't had any luck so far in communicating with the new owners.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Ed or Jeff,

I really enjoy this site.  It is really helpful.  I wanted to ask, as most things I buy I do not get through Amazon or Lego direct, etc.  If I wanted to send a small donation to help, do you all accept direct contributions and if so how would I go about sending it to you all, paypal, etc?

Ed or Jeff,

I really enjoy this site.  It is really helpful.  I wanted to ask, as most things I buy I do not get through Amazon or Lego direct, etc.  If I wanted to send a small donation to help, do you all accept direct contributions and if so how would I go about sending it to you all, paypal, etc?

We really haven't set up a donation option.  Maybe one day.  Thanks for your offer.  

There are many things Jeff and I would like to do. Having some kind of relationship with Bricklink could benefit many LEGO fans, investors and resellers, Bricklink and us. We have some really great ideas, but for the longest time, the powers that be at Bricklink have been difficult to communicate with and we haven't had any luck so far in communicating with the new owners.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

The new ownership doesn't communicate very well with anyone, including BL users. That has slightly changed in the past month as they have some new CS people over there who actually respond some to forums and user concerns, etc., but definitely don't feel singled out - it's been suggested by the CS over there that there are some cultural differences, too, that what seems to us Yanks as slightly bizarro business behavior is more normal in the new owner's culture.

(None of this to say you should do any links to a site that won't reciprocate, just mentioning.)

Okay, I have a request - how about a "add this set to your Brickfolio" button?  Sometimes I like to look up a set, and I'd love to just be able to click a button and have take me to the add page, rather than scrolling to the top, clicking "My Brickfolio" and then the add button.  And then I still have to search for that set.

If I was already on that set page, I'd like it to just be a single click.

• Like 1

Okay, I have a request - how about a "add this set to your Brickfolio" button?  Sometimes I like to look up a set, and I'd love to just be able to click a button and have take me to the add page, rather than scrolling to the top, clicking "My Brickfolio" and then the add button.  And then I still have to search for that set.

If I was already on that set page, I'd like it to just be a single click.

Jeff was going to add this in the next version.

The new ownership doesn't communicate very well with anyone, including BL users. That has slightly changed in the past month as they have some new CS people over there who actually respond some to forums and user concerns, etc., but definitely don't feel singled out - it's been suggested by the CS over there that there are some cultural differences, too, that what seems to us Yanks as slightly bizarro business behavior is more normal in the new owner's culture.

(None of this to say you should do any links to a site that won't reciprocate, just mentioning.)

The owner is spending a ton of money on the new site and it looks very nice, but if they can't communicate with the majority of users, they will lose many longtime members and fans.