Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Is there a certain amount of feedback that I should have before my eBay store is advertised in my signature?

No, its just a matter of having a decent amount of items in your store so that members may be interested in your listings.  If you have a good amount, PM a link to your store and I will add it.

The quote function is not working for me right now.  Whenever I try it, (and I have many times) I only get a regular reply option.

I tried in 3 different browsers and quote/multiquote are both working.  I have not had any other reports on this.  Have you tried different browsers? 

No, its just a matter of having a decent amount of items in your store so that members may be interested in your listings.  If you have a good amount, PM a link to your store and I will add it.

I tried in 3 different browsers and quote/multiquote are both working.  I have not had any other reports on this.  Have you tried different browsers? 

Wait, got it.  Thanks for tha help.

I want to display my lego portfolio in my signature but the image isn't working for me. Its working for other people. Whats going on?

The broken image below is the portfolio signature.

I can see it.  Have you tried clearing your local cache and browsing history?

Should work now.   Sometimes people paste in character's that are not title safe and it messes up the url

Thanks, because you know, I was afraid that there was some secret, super-exclusive club that was making huge profits off of reselling lululemon that I thought I was missing out on..

I do have a suggestion for the Lego Lot price calculator. First of all: thank you for this awesome tool! What would make it even better would be if the tool could display the sum of the expected number of minifigs, and especially the sum of the expected weight of the bricks.

Given that so much on this site is said about EOL and retirement, and given that you already collect information about the actual retirement date of sets I can only wonder whether I am too blind to see that date on sites of retired sets here on BP, or whether it is not there. When I try to edit the listing I see that a lot of sets have a date set (e.***. 7744-1), but the actual site does not tell me about this. The same goes for some of the other info (e.***. UPC code), but the retirement date (or just the fact whether it is retired or not) might be interesting enough to warrant a small portion of the main set site.

In any case - thanks for maintaining all this, and not going crazy in the meantime. Or at least not showing it. Too much. :)

I don't think there is any possible way to do this.

You already have the weight and number of pieces / figs for each set in the database - like the price. Am I too native that all it would take is in addition to adding up all the prices (which you already do) would be adding up the weight / number of pieces / number of figs?

Given that so much on this site is said about EOL and retirement, and given that you already collect information about the actual retirement date of sets I can only wonder whether I am too blind to see that date on sites of retired sets here on BP, or whether it is not there. When I try to edit the listing I see that a lot of sets have a date set (e.g. 7744-1), but the actual site does not tell me about this. The same goes for some of the other info (e.g. UPC code), but the retirement date (or just the fact whether it is retired or not) might be interesting enough to warrant a small portion of the main set site.

In any case - thanks for maintaining all this, and not going crazy in the meantime. Or at least not showing it. Too much. :)

No you aren't missing it, that info is not there. The problem is that LEGO does not make that info public on all sets. Yes you will occasionally see a sets listed as retired or retiring soon on the S@H website but it's not done for every set. Once you have been in the business long enough you will just know when sets are retired or retiring soon.

No you aren't missing it, that info is not there. The problem is that LEGO does not make that info public on all sets. Yes you will occasionally see a sets listed as retired or retiring soon on the LEGO Shop at Home website but it's not done for every set. Once you have been in the business long enough you will just know when sets are retired or retiring soon.

I understand that. I was asking to display the date you are collecting from us - the users of this site. I am sorry when I didn't make that clear enough.

When I edit information about some sets (e.***. via http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set_data.cfm?set=7744-1), users already add that info. For the link I posted someone already told "this site". Brickpicker knows since Brickpickers told it. Granted - that info might be wrong - but that's just life. Lego might decide to unearth a set, and then this would need to be corrected. And also granted - some sets go into retirement at different times for different regions. But still - the info seems to be present in the system, but is currently not 'presented'.

You already have the weight and number of pieces / figs for each set in the database - like the price. Am I too native that all it would take is in addition to adding up all the prices (which you already do) would be adding up the weight / number of pieces / number of figs?

Yes, this is possible to do.  I will add it to the list

When I edit information about some sets (e.g. via http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set_data.cfm?set=7744-1), users already add that info. For the link I posted someone already told "this site". Brickpicker knows since Brickpickers told it. Granted - that info might be wrong - but that's just life. Lego might decide to unearth a set, and then this would need to be corrected. And also granted - some sets go into retirement at different times for different regions. But still - the info seems to be present in the system, but is currently not 'presented'.

Yes, this will make it to the set pages, I have been working on other things right now, but it will make an appearance on there.

Yes, this is possible to do.  I will add it to the list

Yes, this will make it to the set pages, I have been working on other things right now, but it will make an appearance on there.

That is great! Thanks a lot, and may the Legos be with you.

• 2 weeks later...

possible bugs in 21000 Willis Tower price guide page?

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=21000-2

No units were sold over the past year... which definitely not true.

The curves look like they got reset somehow...

Well its not an easy set to pick correctly.  Its either 21000-1 or 21000-2.  Lots of people put different names in title, some people include both sears and willis in the title.  Its just a disaster of a set to label correctly

Well its not an easy set to pick correctly.  Its either 21000-1 or 21000-2.  Lots of people put different names in title, some people include both sears and willis in the title.  Its just a disaster of a set to label correctly

that's true. lol

since wanted to see how this 'retired' set (2nd retirement for the same tower) is doing and found the page being weird. :P

I am having an issue with my Brickfolio: for a few weeks now, my "Total Pieces" has not been increasing when I add new sets, although my "Brickfolio Value" and "Number of Sets" has been increasing normally with each addition.  I didn't want to bother you guys with this, as I know you are very busy maintaining this site and working on new features/improvements, and I thought eventually with an update the problem would just go away, but it hasn't.  Please help.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the currency selection screen doesn't retain the "Data Set Currency" option.

Every time I visit the site, I have to go back to http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickfolio_changecurrency_test.cfm and change the Data Set Currency again (the other one stays in Euro, so that's not an issue).

Also, the set values in Euro seem to change everyday. I guess the value is stored in $ on the database and converted on-the-fly? Can't you store set prices directly in other currencies rather than converting them? Or is this not what is happening?