Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Sorry to join this discussion so late in the game.

Don't know if my ideas has been said before, if so, just ignore it.

In regards to the Brickfolio, here are some of my suggestions:

1.) Avg Cost configurator + Running set qty count built into each set line item. (as we keep buying the same set but at different times, we are always getting different prices, retailer, and dates along the way)

Instead of adding more and more line items to differentiate cost, date and qty, I go into edit and update the qty and the avg cost each and everytime.  Then I keep notes to where, when, how much and how many.

Would be nice to have some kind of edit where you keep adding and the final outcome would adjust accordingly.

2.) Target sell Price Tab:  Have a Tab for your targeted "Sell" price, When this is reached, it will highlight the set or alerts you via the new app.

3.) Continuation of Collection Page with "Sort by" Tab:  Currently each page contains 30 sets, I would like to see it as just one page that keeps on running downwards ( you can make the height smaller).  Which leads to me my other suggestion, "Sort by" Tab.  We can then Sort them by Price, qty, Total value etc....

We can then see them from our own different perspectives.

Thanks

At some point in the upcoming year, we will ask the community(especially accounting types) to come up some suggestions to improve the current edition of the Brickfolio.  This is version 2.0 and there will be some major improvements to the next one.  

Hi Gents,

I am trying the app for the first time and it is not allowing me to create new topics in most of the forums, it says I do not have enough privileges. Presumably I am signed in otherwise I would not be able to reply to this thread :)

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Hi guys,

I was adding some things to my brickfolio and noticed that some of the prices in my brickfolio listing for the set seemed to have last months current value.

For example: set 8088 in my Brickfolio shows the current value at $67.70 and the price guide shows $76.10. the increase from the previous month is noted as up 12.41% which is the difference between the two values. so not sure if some things did not update properly or what. but thought I would make you aware of it in case you weren't already.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I was adding some things to my brickfolio and noticed that some of the prices in my brickfolio listing for the set seemed to have last months current value.

For example: set 8088 in my Brickfolio shows the current value at $67.70 and the price guide shows $76.10. the increase from the previous month is noted as up 12.41% which is the difference between the two values. so not sure if some things did not update properly or what. but thought I would make you aware of it in case you weren't already.

Thanks

Answered on the previous page by Jeff :)

I am currently working on a blog and tried to use the Tablepress feature.  I created a table, exported it, and tried to add it to my post as a media file.  After I clicked "insert into post," it came up as text.  I need it to come up as an image.  Can someone explain what I have to do to make it come up as an image?  Thanks.

Guest eightbrick

You mean like when you are editing it will appear like this: "[table id=14 /]"?

Generally the wordpress editor is rich in that you will see in the editor what you will see when you publish but it doesn't do this for tables. When you preview and later publish it should be working for you. I think that is what you are talking about? Blog on! :)

Guest eightbrick

It appears as this:  17-POP-Table-2014-02-08.  When I click on the link it screws it all up.  I tried previewing the post, but it did the same thing.

What are you doing to insert it into the post? I tried inserting it in in a test post in my editor and it works fine when previewing (I see a chart talking about the different POP sets and their values). To insert it in you should be clicking the insert table from tablepress button:

Noodle-1024x177.png

Click that and choose your table. It should work. If it doesn't just try inserting the shortcode yourself here is the shortcode for your table: [table id=17 /].

Not sure what is going on with that link, but it shouldn't be like that.

This is a great Lego collector site.  Thank you so much for maintaining it.  I think the BrickFolio feature is strong, but the data appears whacky. EBay transactions abound, but no value reflected on the site (example: Simpson's house).  I assume this has to do with the frequency of updates (monthly) and maybe this should be spelled out somewhere.

Also, I assume you profit from people going to Amazon, Walmart, EBay, etc. through your site.  If so, you should unashamedly ask all of us supporters to go through your site to make our online purchases.  Maybe, Amazon can offer specials to Brickpicker members only- accessed through the site.

Keep up the great work.  Let me know if I can help.

This is a great Lego collector site.  Thank you so much for maintaining it.  I think the BrickFolio feature is strong, but the data appears whacky. EBay transactions abound, but no value reflected on the site (example: Simpson's house).  I assume this has to do with the frequency of updates (monthly) and maybe this should be spelled out somewhere.

Welcome to the site, check out the FAQ, all your answers are basically there (http://www.brickpicker.com/frequently-asked-questions.cfm).  Plus they are answered probably 200 times in this thread alone.

Also, I assume you profit from people going to Amazon, Walmart, EBay, etc. through your site.  If so, you should unashamedly ask all of us supporters to go through your site to make our online purchases.  Maybe, Amazon can offer specials to Brickpicker members only- accessed through the site.

Keep up the great work.  Let me know if I can help.

People are aware to click this links and buy, but we can't hold a gun to their head to do so.  There are a lot of other factors involved that I am not going into. But it's not that easy.  We appreciate anyone that purchases sets from our links.

People are aware to click this links and buy, but we can't hold a gun to their head to do so. There are a lot of other factors involved that I am not going into. But it's not that easy. We appreciate anyone that purchases sets from our links.

While i am a minor buyer... the only thing i would advice is to make it even more user friendly.... or easier to come by... Not sure exactly how.... So far (i might be wrong) the only way is to go under LEGO discounts and then amazon shops by country right? Or am i missing something....

I dont like to advertise but Something similar to Bricksets amazon list would make me abandon anything in favor of brickpicker period.... But last purchase i made through here.... Bought 0 this year though lol :D

anyway good work still!

While i am a minor buyer... the only thing i would advice is to make it even more user friendly.... or easier to come by... Not sure exactly how.... So far (i might be wrong) the only way is to go under LEGO discounts and then amazon shops by country right? Or am i missing something....

I dont like to advertise but Something similar to Bricksets amazon list would make me abandon anything in favor of brickpicker period.... But last purchase i made through here.... Bought 0 this year though lol :D

anyway good work still!

Alcarin, you are the one guy that there is nothing I can do to make you happy.  Nothing is ever good enough or to your liking. Have you ever tried clicking on any of the Amazon Discount links under "Lego Discounts" in the menu?  Not sure why those pages are so difficult.

anyway good work still!

I'll have Jeff rewrite the code to redo the entire Amazon discounts section so we can get the .$0.10 from your one LEGO set you bought last year.  Facepalm...

On a serious note...Here is the link to the Amazon Global Price Grid which is the same basic setup that Brickset offers.

Not sure if this has been addressed or not. But I think the Brickfolio is a great tool. However it has one major problem, I'm a user from Australia and the folio uses the US Value of sets which makes the value and profit margin of each set inaccurate. Would it be possible to some setting to use Australian data.

Thanks to all that contribute to this great site.

Is anyone else not seeing their brickpoints?

Brickpoints are there. I am working with the author of the points system on something. You can still find your total in the Blog area.  Just hover over your name/photo in the upper right corner and you can see your total.

Not sure if this has been addressed or not. But I think the Brickfolio is a great tool. However it has one major problem, I'm a user from Australia and the folio uses the US Value of sets which makes the value and profit margin of each set inaccurate. Would it be possible to some setting to use Australian data.

Thanks to all that contribute to this great site.

Yes, this has been brought up 123.6 billion times.  I know you are a new member, but it is in our FAQ as well as those 123.6 billion times here in this thread and countless others.  It will be available soon.  Search is our friend, especially with this question.