Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Hmmm, speaking of brickfolio, ever since I started using it, I found it's kinda interesting. I believe at the dashboard the shown value of brickfolio is based on the dates of purchase made. So the change of this month will be dramatically large if you add a lot of sets in during a month. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It's just a bit hard to believe my brickfolio jumps up 40% over a month. It will be nice to see the overall performance of the sets that are currently held. So, time series of the total of all the currently owned sets versus that of total of owned sets at every time step. If this sounds making sense. lol

I figure because it's brand new but there isn't a category for The Lego Movie as a theme or under the Collectable Minifigures. I added the smallest sets to my Brickfolio and although the price guide page states I have one of each in my inventory, I can't view them from my Brickfolio. I try doing a search through my Brickfolio and says it can't find either of them.

I figure because it's brand new but there isn't a category for The Lego Movie as a theme or under the Collectable Minifigures. I added the smallest sets to my Brickfolio and although the price guide page states I have one of each in my inventory, I can't view them from my Brickfolio. I try doing a search through my Brickfolio and says it can't find either of them.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue. But I have had some problem with some promo poly bags that they show no values. For example, 40079.

a quick question, how fast is the price updated in the database? thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the same issue. But I have had some problem with some promo poly bags that they show no values. For example, 40079.

Well, I can see the value for that specific polybag. Some other ones may not show a value because there has not been enough sales to compare with (usually around the realm of 30 I think).

bp_1389292824__screen_capture.jpg

As for the price guide, that is usually updated towards the middle sometimes end of each month. It may be closer to the end of the month now considering all the differents regions needing to be calculated and shifted through.

I logged in and saw your brickfolio and see 40079 under the Creator theme.

TOK.  I see 2 sets under The LEGO Movie theme in your Brickfolio, is there supposed to be more?

TOK.  I see 2 sets under The LEGO Movie theme in your Brickfolio, is there supposed to be more?

Nope, just the two. I can type in the set number and the whole name appears in the dropdown box under the search bar for my Brickfolio but soon as I click the go button, it says it can't find them. Weird.

I see a value in your brickfolio, it's $20.xx, you have no purchase price to show a performance number.

Thanks for looking!

For some reason, I just had the impression that some new sets I put in did not show the value but I guess they got fixed over time.

:thumbsup:

Hmmm, speaking of brickfolio, ever since I started using it, I found it's kinda interesting. I believe at the dashboard the shown value of brickfolio is based on the dates of purchase made. So the change of this month will be dramatically large if you add a lot of sets in during a month. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. It's just a bit hard to believe my brickfolio jumps up 40% over a month. It will be nice to see the overall performance of the sets that are currently held. So, time series of the total of all the currently owned sets versus that of total of owned sets at every time step. If this sounds making sense. lol

For all intents and purposes, the value of your Brickfolio did increase by 40%.  Each set you input increased the total value of your Brickfolio.  Now I understand what you are talking about, but to come up with that number, a more complex system of tracking and data inputs will be required and all new code will have to be written.  We have plans at some point in 2014 to revamp the Brickfolio and to come up with more options in the graph/charts area.  Some improvements and upgrades will be part of the premium package.  

• Like 1

For all intents and purposes, the value of your Brickfolio did increase by 40%.  Each set you input increased the total value of your Brickfolio.  Now I understand what you are talking about, but to come up with that number, a more complex system of tracking and data inputs will be required and all new code will have to be written.  We have plans at some point in 2014 to revamp the Brickfolio and to come up with more options in the graph/charts area.  Some improvements and upgrades will be part of the premium package.  

I thought since set value is already in the database to change from one way to another is more straight forward. :D

But of course, I don't have access to the codes so I shouldn't have assumed it's going to be an easy implement. The brickfolio is already a cool thing and the new things you guys are planing will definitely be some cool features to have! :D

Maybe, Im doing something wrong, but in my brickfolio, Id like my selected currency to stay that way instead of defaulting back to Euro. Would be next level if you could select the currency per purchase (as I buy in Europe and US stores) and have values automatically convert to values of whatever currency you select.

Would love, love, love if I could hover over a person's screenname and along w/ all their info there was a button where I could Add to Ignore List. 

Not quite that simple, but you can create an ignore list.  Go to the drop down menu under your username at the top right of the screen and choose "Manage Ignore prefs" . From there you can add members to ignore lists for posts, PMs, and signatures.

Brickfolio: i would like to see the real value in euro. I know i can change the currency to euro but i still see the market value from the U.S. (not the european value)

The only possibility to see the european value is to check every single item in my brickfolio. I know it's an american site, but it really would help some european members to see the overall european market value. 

Another thing i checked out was the european market value of some items: 10197 (new): is listed as 164 euros market value although every single new 10197 in the last few weeks was sold for more the 200 euros. (on ebay.de) 

How is that possible? 

Last item i'd like to mention: Cafe Corner 10182 has a the following market value:

New: 566 euro

used: 569 euro

That's for sure not possible. I know the market value of a new cafe corner (ebay.de) is about 1000 euro. The market value used: approximately 550 euro. 

Brickfolio: i would like to see the real value in euro. I know i can change the currency to euro but i still see the market value from the U.S. (not the european value)

The only possibility to see the european value is to check every single item in my brickfolio. I know it's an american site, but it really would help some european members to see the overall european market value. 

Another thing i checked out was the european market value of some items: 10197 (new): is listed as 164 euros market value although every single new 10197 in the last few weeks was sold for more the 200 euros. (on ebay.de) 

How is that possible? 

Last item i'd like to mention: Cafe Corner 10182 has a the following market value:

New: 566 euro

used: 569 euro

That's for sure not possible. I know the market value of a new cafe corner (ebay.de) is about 1000 euro. The market value used: approximately 550 euro. 

I have a December price data update question.

I could see the update going on last night (well by my standards, it was approx 4pm EST) and it appears to have been completed.

However, today, the graphs are showing the latest month as Jan, not Dec.

Given that today is only  the 20th Jan, do we have the first couple of weeks of Jan now in the database?

I had a quick chat to Jeff about this today so can answer on his behalf.

He is working on getting data from the provider in a more timely and frequent basis, perhaps fortnightly or weekly.  As such the price data updating today includes all of Dec-13 and the Jan-14 month showing has data in it up to the 10th of Jan.

I had a quick chat to Jeff about this today so can answer on his behalf.

He is working on getting data from the provider in a more timely and frequent basis, perhaps fortnightly or weekly.  As such the price data updating today includes all of Dec-13 and the Jan-14 month showing has data in it up to the 10th of Jan.

Thanks Grolim,

I sort of suspected that going by the shape of the graphs.

Silly question, is there anything on the screen that says the last updated date is the 10th Jan. Or did you just know that from your chat with Jeff.

Just noticed the last few posts have been about the December data, does the update apply to all brickfolios at the same time or does it filter through gradually, just asking as my 'folio is still showing November?

Due to the amount of updates it can take a long time for all of them to filter through. I noticed last night that some products showed Nov, others Jan. Give it a day or two and it will catch up :)