Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Guest brickcrazyhouse

just a thought but maybe there should be a short time for new accounts to have access to all the forums, but unable to post.  Yeah this is a Mark inspired thought.  but at least I moved over here.  anywho thanks all around for the site, you to are amazing

by the way I think you handled everything perfectly.  

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

Guest eightbrick

Basically just viewing the main forum page, where all the threads and sub-forums are listed.

Thanks. Lol I've been wondering for awhile because it seems like 50% of people are there so I was like..."what hot topic is this?" lol...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for this, but I wonder if it would be possible to include a feature that allows to exclude the review scores of certain members from the overall score that is shown. There are some, how should I say, not so "high quality" reviews that I would like to be not considered when I want to get informations about specific sets.

Just an idea!  :twitch:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for this, but I wonder if it would be possible to include a feature that allows to exclude the review scores of certain members from the overall score that is shown. There are some, how should I say, not so "high quality" reviews that I would like to be not considered when I want to get informations about specific sets.

Just an idea!  :twitch:

This is not something I will be adding to the system any time soon.  Just read the reviews to read what people feel about the sets.  Don't base your purchasing decisions on the score.  If you don't think a review in particular is good, then don't base any decisions on it.  Just like movie reviews, all of them are not the greatest and many of them you will not agree with.  Its just research.

I don't know if this has been addressed before, mainly because I don't want to read through hundreds of old posts, but one problem I have noticed is this weird 'error encoding' message everytime I click some random thing on the site to shortcut to another forum post or something.  I have to go the long way without getting the error message.

I don't know if this has been addressed before, mainly because I don't want to read through hundreds of old posts, but one problem I have noticed is this weird 'error encoding' message everytime I click some random thing on the site to shortcut to another forum post or something.  I have to go the long way without getting the error message.

Can you give me some example links that cause this issue and i will look into it.

Hmm... I don't know exactly how to insert a picture, but it basically says this:

Content Encoding Error (content_encoding_error)
  Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned by server. This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content encoding header of one type, and then encoding the data differently.
For assistance, contact your network support team

Basically, if I click on forums link on the main page, and then click on the latest topic on the right hand side to go directly to the topic it gives me this error message.

And it's the same thing with other aspects of trying to direct link to a topic.

Hmm... I don't know exactly how to insert a picture, but it basically says this:

Content Encoding Error (content_encoding_error)

Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned by server. This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content encoding header of one type, and then encoding the data differently.

For assistance, contact your network support team

Basically, if I click on forums link on the main page, and then click on the latest topic on the right hand side to go directly to the topic it gives me this error message.

And it's the same thing with other aspects of trying to direct link to a topic.

Do you get this when you try different browsers?  What browser are you using?  I am trying to do research on this error and nothing jumps out as the "easy" fix.  I would think I would get a ton more complaints about this if it was widespread and people couldn't read  the forums at all.

Do you get this when you try different browsers?  What browser are you using?  I am trying to do research on this error and nothing jumps out as the "easy" fix.  I would think I would get a ton more complaints about this if it was widespread and people couldn't read  the forums at all.

Well I'm using IE (on a gov computer).  That could be my main issue is the fact that I'm using the government network, and it's notoriously buggy as it is.  On my own personal computer I don't recall seeing this message, so I would have to wait until I get home to test it out.

On my home computer, I use Firefox.  So I don't know if it's an issue with the government network, or internet explorer itself.

Well I'm using IE (on a gov computer).  That could be my main issue is the fact that I'm using the government network, and it's notoriously buggy as it is.  On my own personal computer I don't recall seeing this message, so I would have to wait until I get home to test it out.

On my home computer, I use Firefox.  So I don't know if it's an issue with the government network, or internet explorer itself.

I am using Firefox right now and I am not on a government computer, and I am not having this problem. It is probably the government network.

I am using Firefox right now and I am not on a government computer, and I am not having this problem. It is probably the government network.

That is definitely a possibility.  But then again, I'm using IE and not FF, so it is still possible to be an issue with IE... Of course who the hell actually uses IE outside of being forced to?

I have not used IE outside of work for I would say at least a decade...

That is definitely a possibility.  But then again, I'm using IE and not FF, so it is still possible to be an issue with IE... Of course who the hell actually uses IE outside of being forced to?

I have not used IE outside of work for I would say at least a decade...

Just checked using IE. Works fine. The only time I had to use IE is never. I like Google Chrome and Firefox better.

I have a question regarding a thread I'd like to start but want to  double check before doing it. A few days ago someone mentioned that a trade between some sets would be a good deal. I happen to have the looked for sets and I know that several people here would want them.

Bottom line, could I open a thread to ask for a trade?

Yes, thanks!

Sorry but I have one more question concerning my brickfolio: I have bought 2 other friends set, that are ******. 41000 and ******. 41003...they do not appear on the graphics total value by theme and number of sets by theme even if I added to my brickfolio. Is it beacuse there are no picture of those items? If you want, I can make them