Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

The total value of my portfolio on my main "Brickfolio" page has never matched up with the value at the bottom of "View Entire Collection."

Currently, the main page says it's worth 500 dollars more than the "View Entire Collection."

Is there something I can edit to make them match?

Correct me if I'm wrong Jeff, but I think that it takes a while to update. Also, if you have more than one page it may only do one page worth. I can't remember.

I've got a feeling there may be something wrong with the little "Site Stats" section on the home page. Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

But first let me congratulate you on reaching 5.000 Brickfolio's! 298 new members in the last seven days (if accurate) is an amazing figure (though at the same time somewhat alarming).

Stats that I think are probably not accurate are total current value of brickfolios of  $673,510,083.93, which devided by 5.000 would mean the average brickfolio is worth $135.000.

Also, this figure does not really correspond with total brick count of 262,052,909. This would suggest that the average collection is worth 2.5 dollars per brick, while I haven't heard of a single set that reaches that kind of value (Imagine the 10179 Milennium Falcon costing more than $13.000). Ok, Mr. Gold would, but I can't really believe he would lift up the average that strongly.

Keep up the good work!

Do we still get notifications when we have update the Brickpicker database? I was starting to delete some of my notifications from updating, and I have noticed that I have done a lot more updating, than my notifications say, but the brickpoints are still correct.

You will get the notifications whenever I review and approve the updates.

Are you still thinking of adding a classifieds section? Also I find it really irritating that I have to log back in after I navigate away for more than about an hour. I don't know if that's on your end or mine

The real question is why are you away from this site for an hour!

• Like 1

Are you still thinking of adding a classifieds section? Also I find it really irritating that I have to log back in after I navigate away for more than about an hour. I don't know if that's on your end or mine

Yes, Brick Classifieds will be launched in October.  I am not sure why you are having issues keeping your login. It really should be holding onto it.  I rarely have to do my login info.

I've always used Internet Explorer and haven't had any problems with staying logged in.What the heck is Internet Exploder? Is that an inside joke I'm not aware of? :acute:

Haha I did not notice that " on purpose " mistake :D

I have found that this site runs better on Chrome. I cannot update my portfolio using IE8.

Safari on a Mac. Haven't had problems since the forum update signing in and out. I think the last time I've signed into my account on my main computer was at least a month or so back.

I hate safari so bad. I don't think I have ever signed out of this site on any device. Be aware in case I get hijacked. You will notice as that person will probably post more intelligent comments.

I've always used Internet Explorer and haven't had any problems with staying logged in.

What the heck is Internet Exploder? Is that an inside joke I'm not aware of? :acute:

Lol. Yes, in the tech world most people refer to IE as internet exploder as it always seems to be behind other browsers in terms of bug fixes, features, and just generally breaks stuff. Most of it is really just do to Microsoft and it not allowing plugins and all sorts of other stuff. Thats why a lot of companies make you use it because it is the most secure, but it fails a lot when you are doing anything technical.

I would never be caught dead using IE, but for non-technical stuff, it works fine for the most part so its understandable.

• Like 1