Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

I haven't been receiving any email alerts to replies of forum threads I'm active in for the last few days. I checked my settings and the email alerts are turned on. Anyone else having this problem?

It looks like you may have hit a "spam" button on your email client.  I just looked on our email service and you were labeled in our spam blacklist area.  I took you out of it so you should start seeing emails again.  Send me a PM if you don't.

• Like 1

Yay im getting the emails now! Thanks Jeff.

It looks like you may have hit a "spam" button on your email client.  I just looked on our email service and you were labeled in our spam blacklist area.  I took you out of it so you should start seeing emails again.  Send me a PM if you don't.

Guest eightbrick

Sorry to bother you Jeff, but how do we view how many likes a post has now in a topic? Personally when I'm grazing through long topics (eg. the Technic Crawler one) that are way to long to read every post I just scroll down and look for posts that have lots of likes to see what information people think is useful. That said, I can understand the reasoning (if this wasn't an automated change) behind switching to likes not being visible, as sometimes I get the feeling people just like a post because everyone else is. Thanks.

Sorry to bother you Jeff, but how do we view how many likes a post has now in a topic? Personally when I'm grazing through long topics (eg. the Technic Crawler one) that are way to long to read every post I just scroll down and look for posts that have lots of likes to see what information people think is useful. That said, I can understand the reasoning (if this wasn't an automated change) behind switching to likes not being visible, as sometimes I get the feeling people just like a post because everyone else is. Thanks.

I would agree with this also.  I just noticed the change today.

Guest eightbrick

That feature doesn't exist.

I'm confused. Do you mean the current like button shouldn't be there or that the old one got deleted on purpose? (sorry... I know, I'm stupid...)

I'm confused. Do you mean the current like button shouldn't be there or that the old one got deleted on purpose? (sorry... I know, I'm stupid...)

You asked "but how do we view how many likes a post has now in a topic?"   As far as I know, there is no place to view the total number of likes or to just view the posts that have likes.

Ok, cool. So the new feature is a "like this" feature. Just to get this straight, the "like this" button is not linked to Facebook, or any other non-BrickPicker organization, correct? I think it's great that we can like and unlike the comment after we've liked it. Sometimes I end up clicking randomly when I am scrolling down a forum page.

Guest eightbrick

Yeah so he and I just liked your post - you can't tell that we both like with the green arrow - you can just tell that you did. I think that is what Brian was referring to.

Yep that is what I was talking about. But don't get me wrong, I'm not completely heartbroken over the disappearance of a little green box. Just partially.... kiddin' :wink: 

We are trying something new.  The up/down arrow caused many issues.  The 'like this' is the same principle, but it will show who liked it so all members can monitor the "likes."  If people use it correctly, it can earn members a few points here and there.  If you spam it with friends, you will all lose your reputation points.  

Just so I don't get myself into trouble... what is the definition of "spam it with friends"?

I don't keep track, but I am sure I tend to "like" more posts of a smallish number of posters (who I consider smart or funny) more than others.

Eating copious amounts of canned meat with all of your best pals, right? Although I feel like you shouldn't get in trouble for that...

Just so I don't get myself into trouble... what is the definition of "spam it with friends"?

I don't keep track, but I am sure I tend to "like" more posts of a smallish number of posters (who I consider smart or funny) more than others.

Basically we are really looking for people to "like" quality posts.  Stuff that makes a difference on the forum, posts that bring new life to a thread, really great points.  Hitting the "like" button for generic posts from forum buddies will be considered spam (especially if used too much)