Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

I have an idea. Could you add a K-Mart section to the "Buying & Selling" section of the forums?

Thanks.

I think that would be a great idea. Kmart does have Lego sets on sale, and I sometimes buy from them.

I may add a Other Store forum or something like that to include things like Kmart, but I don't think Kmart has enough offerings to make it's own forum.

I do not know if this is happening to anyone else on the site, but sometimes when I make posts, I do not get brickpoints for it. This has happened to me several times in the past.

In order for me to figure this out, you need to give me a forum or something more to go on so it can be tested out.  

Edit...So far, I looked at how many BP i had before this reply and it is counting correctly here.  So I need more info.

Can we please cull some of the unused/seldom used forums? I know I've asked before...and there seemed to be agreement. I want to read every single post...but it takes hours to find all the new posts in 40 different forums or whatever. Thank you for the combining threads/topocs though...that cuts down on the clutter and confusion big time.

I am not smart enough to figure which ones...maybe mods and owners can discuss offline.....if everyone agrees there are too many?

41999 is a good example. I think there is a thread in technic, one in lego store, maybe one in ebay, one in deals, or in tru? Not sure...but its tough to find the right thread when I want to comment on the same set.

Can we please cull some of the unused/seldom used forums? I know I've asked before...and there seemed to be agreement. I want to read every single post...but it takes hours to find all the new posts in 40 different forums or whatever. Thank you for the combining threads/topocs though...that cuts down on the clutter and confusion big time.

I am not smart enough to figure which ones...maybe mods and owners can discuss offline.....if everyone agrees there are too many?

41999 is a good example. I think there is a thread in technic, one in lego store, maybe one in ebay, one in deals, or in tru? Not sure...but its tough to find the right thread when I want to comment on the same set.

Jeff added the feature when starting a new thread that shows similar threads.  I think that helps reduce redundancy.  The NEW CONTENT feature helps show all threads that are recent.  There are numerous forum filters on the left tool bar to see what's new to you.

Many threads have different ideas about the same set.  It takes a lot of effort to merge threads effectively.  I'm sorry that it takes time to go through all the threads, but the site is getting more active, so you will have more posts, threads and information to sift and filter through.

Have you clicked the button at the bottom of every forum page that say "Mark Community Read", then every time you come back click the link in the menu at the top for View New Content.  Then you can just read the content that is new since the last time you visited the site.  So regardless of how many actual forums there are, you would only be looking through the topics that have new content.  Should keep your reading organized and easy.

Have you clicked the button at the bottom of every forum page that say "Mark Community Read", then every time you come back click the link in the menu at the top for View New Content.  Then you can just read the content that is new since the last time you visited the site.  So regardless of how many actual forums there are, you would only be looking through the topics that have new content.  Should keep your reading organized and easy.

Yeah I always look at the last ten topics that were posted in on the right hand side. I don't even scroll through the forums now.

I have a new issue.

On the Ipad a Red Rewards button has appeared about two thirds of the way down the left hand side.

Its on top of everything else.

If I tap it, what looks like a 3rd party window appears titled:

" Earn points and get prizes - its that easy! "

Its asking me to Log in with Facebook.

ANyone else got this?

Incidently, the black in-house Rewards bar appears to have vanished - I'm not complaining about that! ;)

I have a new issue.

On the Ipad a Red Rewards button has appeared about two thirds of the way down the left hand side.

ANyone else got this?

Incidently, the black in-house Rewards bar appears to have vanished - I'm not complaining about that! ;)

Same thing for me. It does not bother me so I am not complaining.

I have a new issue.

ANyone else got this?

Is this really an issue at all?  I don't think it is.  I am trying to do something that is less than the black bar, but still continue the program.  While it may not be something you participate in, quite a few others are and it's helping the site.  That is all I can say.  I have run it on my iPad and not really seeing much of a problem.

Is this really an issue at all?  I don't think it is.  I am trying to do something that is less than the black bar, but still continue the program.  While it may not be something you participate in, quite a few others are and it's helping the site.  That is all I can say.  I have run it on my iPad and not really seeing much of a problem.

Hehe well obviously you can't please everyone all of the time. It was just the way it appeared and it looked like a 3rd party app i thought the site may have been hacked. :)

The old black bar had improved over the past few weeks in that it stayed at the bottom of the iPad screen. No more going up and down when I swiped. :D

Guest eightbrick

This was probably asked before (I think nolanfan/sarm did it) but I forget how... can we change our usernames? I've been thinking a more anonymous alias is probably better. Internet paranoia? Check!

Ed/Jeff,

I have a question - totally off-hand - and feel free to decline to answer. I was wondering:

With Lego cracking down on resellers, etc. do you all have a special account with them that allows you to buy the rewards people purchase from the Brickpoints store or win in the contests?

Or do you all just purchase them with your normal accounts?

Obviously you probably haven't hit enough to make a dent yet, but assuming the site gets bigger I was just curious.

Ed/Jeff,

I have a question - totally off-hand - and feel free to decline to answer. I was wondering:

With Lego cracking down on resellers, etc. do you all have a special account with them that allows you to buy the rewards people purchase from the Brickpoints store or win in the contests?

Or do you all just purchase them with your normal accounts?

Obviously you probably haven't hit enough to make a dent yet, but assuming the site gets bigger I was just curious.

Well any of these rewards could and would come from our own stash.  Second, I don't buy all that much from Lego directly.  When I do buy from LEGO its usually one set here or there, so I feel I don't think much about it.  I also don't really have any fear of this anyhow.   I would never buy 50 sets of something at one time, heck, I really don't buy 5 sets of something at one time.  I have done that once with the B-Wing.  Also, like Ed, I have never sold a set, ever.  So I can't even be considered a reseller :)  I have no special accounts, I don't think they have any either for website owners.  I would classify both Ed and myself as a normal consumers.  

Like you said, it's not like we are buying tons of sets for this either at the moment. 

I also don't think LEGO would mind rewarding people for building a successful LEGO community.  No matter what, Brickpicker is a major positive advertisement for LEGO. It's a community filled with people that love Lego, buy Lego and Build Lego.