Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

In the blog about "Introducing the Brickpoints Store", it says you earn a point for posting an image in the gallery but I just posted a bunch in there and my points didn't budge an inch. I don't have a problem since those images are for some blogs of mine; I'm just wondering if that rule has changed or if something is up.

Try again.  I just tested one and it worked.

hi ed and jeff,

has anyone asked about these 2 minor change requests?

1.) add a "news" link to the forum pages. would go on the same upper page line as "Home Page Forums Blogs Set Reviews LEGO Discounts Brickfolio / Tools Brickpoints Store Gallery More"

2.) add a l"messages" (aka conversations) ink to non-forum pages ( http://community.brickpicker.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging ).  it use to be there in the past (i believe).  it would go the left on the profile pic on each page's (top right side of pages)

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but for those of us that are fairly new, can the  price guide for retired sets include the EOL date (or year)? I often look at a set's pricing and wish I knew if it was retired or not, as this is something a new investor wouldn't necessarily know. Thanks for the site though, love it!

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but for those of us that are fairly new, can the  price guide for retired sets include the EOL date (or year)? I often look at a set's pricing and wish I knew if it was retired or not, as this is something a new investor wouldn't necessarily know. Thanks for the site though, love it!

Are you asking for retired date, or just a general "retired or not" label? I think this was brought up fairly recently, but I believe the response was something like "you need a massive army of dedicated people constantly checking LEGO sets to see if they are avaible at LEGO Shop at Home. A simple "retired or not" label seems somewhat more feasible, but still many sets would go unnoticed. Great question though, Cslego!!

Are you asking for retired date, or just a general "retired or not" label? I think this was brought up fairly recently, but I believe the response was something like "you need a massive army of dedicated people constantly checking LEGO sets to see if they are avaible at LEGO Shop at Home. A simple "retired or not" label seems somewhat more feasible, but still many sets would go unnoticed. Great question though, Cslego!!

A retired or not type label would be enough for me! For example, I have a 4206 Recycling Truck that seems to be doing well in value but I didn't know if it was retired or not without checking another site. Maybe the trick is to look at the current offers box and see if it is listed for sale at LEGO Shop at Home... if it say "search" instead of a price then it is retired? Would be nice to sort my brickfolio by retired or active. Thanks!

A retired or not type label would be enough for me! For example, I have a 4206 Recycling Truck that seems to be doing well in value but I didn't know if it was retired or not without checking another site. Maybe the trick is to look at the current offers box and see if it is listed for sale at LEGO Shop at Home... if it say "search" instead of a price then it is retired? Would be nice to sort my brickfolio by retired or active. Thanks!

Here you are, Cslego! A quote from Jeff Mack himself! :D I hope this answers you!

Basically for the Lego Shop links, if it shows the price, then the set is still in their catalog/on their site.  If it is just a "search" message, then its not there.  I get a feed from them.  Is it always 100% up to date by them, I am not really sure.

Great, good to know. I was confused because I know sometimes the Lego store is sold out temporarily, but the set is not retired. 

There is a decently easy way to tell this now - I think they had stated before it might be difficult and low priority to add something definitive.

If the Lego store link on the side says "Search", it is most likely retired.

You can also go to Brickset.com and look up the set and it will tell you there when it was retired (or stop being sold).

The problem is Lego doesn't always really publicize the information, so it would be hard to obtain. 

If you are really curious, you can always create a forum post and ask as well. You will be amazed at some of the information people on this site have (I don't, lol).

Hope that helps!

A "search" query.

Me being me, I forgot where this thread was:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4494-what-lego-set-did-you-not-buy-today/page-5#entry149622

Its Titled: "What Lego did you NOT buy today"

I found the search function and searched on "Did. Not. Buy." because I remembered those were in the title. The search failed because you cannot search on words under 4 characters. Any of dropping that to 3?

Idea: I think a Craigslist specific section could be added to Buying and Selling, similar to the Target, Walmart, etc, ones.

I did not read all 44 pages to see if this has already been discussed, but throwing it out there. :-)

I just created a new forum for Craigslist finds and questions. I put it down in that sections.  Nice suggestion!

http://community.brickpicker.com/forum/58-craigslist-finds/

Hi guys, I just realized that every time I add new sets I click over to the "My Brickfolio" page to see the changes the new additions have made and then I always click two pages in to the "entire collection" page  and scroll to the bottom to check the ratio between my total purchase price and the current value. Is there any chance you would consider adding that info to the front "My Brickfolio" page?

Also I was excited to see the new data come out for the last couple months and my first thought after looking through "My Brickfolio" was that it would be great to see the set that has increased the most and the set that has decreased the most over the past month along with all the other set info on the right.

Just a few thoughts, keep up the good work.

Another suggestion for the brickfolio: I'd like it to show the CAGR change per the monthly price updates. That information would be just as useful as the percent change over purchase price, and more convenient than clicking each set one by one. I've only got 70ish sets, so I can't imagine what you guys have to go through to find out how each set is trending.

As always, thanks for being around.