Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

How about meetings? Another site I am on we meet in chat room for an hour or 2 twice a week. You get a lot more participation that way...like appointment television.

Could be an idea....Happy Hour.  Maybe if someone wants to make a post about it and see what kind of interest is generated.

I accidentally edited one of my submitted articles that has not been published. What will happen? Do I need to submit  it again? If so, when can I do that?

Is the big red button there that says "I'm ready to publish my article"  if so, then i would click that again

The site is wonderful, great job! I've got a few suggestions for further improvement on the Brickfolio section.

1. The "current price" in your collection seems to indicate the U.S. price. Would it be possible to instead show the values in one of the other three regions (either according to the country which is your location, or by manual selection of US/UK/Australia/EU)?

2. Some improvements on the "Brickfolio overview graph":

- There seems to be a bug in it or I am misunderstanding it. I've indicated that all sets in my brickfolio were purchased in september 2012 or later, yet the graph indicates that I already had a collection above

The site is wonderful, great job! I've got a few suggestions for further improvement on the Brickfolio section.

1. The "current price" in your collection seems to indicate the U.S. price. Would it be possible to instead show the values in one of the other three regions (either according to the country which is your location, or by manual selection of US/UK/Australia/EU)?

2. Some improvements on the "Brickfolio overview graph":

- There seems to be a bug in it or I am misunderstanding it. I've indicated that all sets in my brickfolio were purchased in september 2012 or later, yet the graph indicates that I already had a collection above

And one last thing about the price guide section:

What I sometimes notice is that a set has a higher "used" value than the "new" value, which would suggest you can make money just by opening the box ;)

(U.S. value of 10233 Horizon Express is for example $ 155 used, $ 113 new). Would it be possible to build in some kind of mechanism that the "new" value cannot be below the "used" value?

For some sets, that's just how it is. I don't think the Macks want to change the value of a set just because it isn't "right" for a used set to be worth more than a new one. I'll bet this happens a lot with the older sets from the prior to the 90's, since very few new sets are still around, so those values don't change very much. With time though, the data will change.

I know, but all that seems to do is convert the U.S. price to euros, it doesn't reflect the value of your set in the European Union.

For example, I own a (new) 6864 Batmobile and the two-face chase, which according to the price guide has a value of $35,83 in the United States and a value of  

For some sets, that's just how it is. I don't think the Macks want to change the value of a set just because it isn't "right" for a used set to be worth more than a new one. I'll bet this happens a lot with the older sets from the prior to the 90's, since very few new sets are still around, so those values don't change very much. With time though, the data will change.

Please don't listen to this advice (Sorry comicblast).   The best way to approach this is that there is a link on every set page that if the price doesn't seem right to you, click the link and send the email.  Let Ed and I look into it.  There is always a chance that somebody selected Used on a new set and that throws it off.  That was definitely the case here and I made some adjustments.  The New price is higher than the used now.  Not by a lot, but it looks right.  It only takes us a few minutes for us to look and it helps the site.  

Also, MartinP is wrong as well.  If you read back a few pages here, you will see that this has been discussed.  There will an update to the brickfolio once I am done with Classifieds that will give you the ability to select the correct region for your brickfolio as well as a bunch of other things.

Thank you for your input and guys thanks for trying to help

other ones from my point of view:

• put the badges on the left below the post ordered to right (or left) so less screen / page estate is wasted on them
  • go to last my post functionality (trying to find answers to my last observations - buried somewhere)
  • examples: I like the linkedin discussion forum - its a good example how to put a lot of info made easily scannable into a monitor page

other ones from my point of view:

• put the badges on the left below the post ordered to right (or left) so less screen / page estate is wasted on them
  • go to last my post functionality (trying to find answers to my last observations - buried somewhere)
  • examples: I like the linkedin discussion forum - its a good example how to put a lot of info made easily scannable into a monitor page

You have 4 posts and want to rewrite the forum?  

• Like 1

This isn't terribly important, but it would be cool to see how many votes we got for the amount of stars we have. I have 5 stars, but I want to know how many people gave me 5 stars. It would be similar to the star rating thing we can do for blog articles.

Thanks! :D

You're right. This isn't really important at all :)   But honestly, if it's something that comes up and I get it in there one day then good, but for now, it is very low on the to-do list.

When will the brickfolio prices for the UK/europe be setup?

Its impossible to get half the sets i have for the prices shown.

The UK data is still too new and incomplete to switch over.  We need at least 6 months of data to complete many features.

The forum changed a little for me. On the right hand side I see the last 10 posts, instead of the last 10 topics someone posted in. Is there a way to change this back?

It's still the same, the box just has a few more options so maybe you changed it.  But it still is displaying the last 10 or 12 posts.

bp_1375405658__2013-08-01_21-06-37.jpg

We are getting dupes and trips posts to the same topic..before it was much better as it only showed the most recent post in each of the last 10 topic.

Jeez....I read that back to myself 3 times and I still don't understand what I am saying.

I think we used to pull on the pullem.....and push on the pushem...and pickles went into the jar. I think we lost one of our choices...the default choice used to be awesome!

We are getting dupes and trips posts to the same topic..before it was much better as it only showed the most recent post in each of the last 10 topic.

Jeez....I read that back to myself 3 times and I still don't understand what I am saying.

I think we used to pull on the pullem.....and push on the pushem...and pickles went into the jar. I think we lost one of our choices...the default choice used to be awesome!

Sounds right willy. I agree 100%

Yes basically it used to not show two posts from the same topic.