Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Maybe this is thought is already out there and I'm as guilty as the greenhorns that come to the site and look for friendly advice.  Is there an FAQ or introduction for people that are starting out Lego investing to avoid them from asking certain questions and prevent current members from jumping on them for their own frustrations? Or some sort of instruction or etiquette when asking for advice?

Almost like something they should read before they enter the forums or read when they sign up to participate.

Maybe this is thought is already out there and I'm as guilty as the greenhorns that come to the site and look for friendly advice.  Is there an FAQ or introduction for people that are starting out Lego investing to avoid them from asking certain questions and prevent current members from jumping on them for their own frustrations? Or some sort of instruction or etiquette when asking for advice?

Almost like something they should read before they enter the forums or read when they sign up to participate.

I second that...

But i think there are plenty of blogs about it...

we do need some basic guide when you register and so its a must read before entering forums.

But you must understand 1 thing... telling new members to search forums is not jumping on them, its basic thing that every member should've done before opening new topic.  Its what I consider a minimum lvl of intelligence for a forum user. 

Its nothing easier than registering an opening a new thread because you are too lazy to use search button and READ for a few hours. 

To me this sounds like a good use for a blog article.  One of you guys can start to come up with one and we will use that as a reference point.  Start putting out the questions and answers.  People can then chime in with other questions and answers and those can be added to the blog article.  It can become one main article of content to point people to.  That is an idea for now.

I second that...

But i think there are plenty of blogs about it...

we do need some basic guide when you register and so its a must read before entering forums.

But you must understand 1 thing... telling new members to search forums is not jumping on them, its basic thing that every member should've done before opening new topic.  Its what I consider a minimum lvl of intelligence for a forum user. 

Its nothing easier than registering an opening a new thread because you are too lazy to use search button and READ for a few hours. 

Apologies Alcarin if it seemed like I was saying that you were jumping on a the greenhorns.  I wasn't singling you out and it was an attempt to either. 

I find it very helpful knowing how long a person has been a member in addition to how many posts they have made. Those two together help me understand who are some of the people to listen to or I should say put a little more stock in their opinion. I thought this used to be visible but perhaps I am mistaken. Is there any chance it could come back, or be added right near where the post count is.

I find it very helpful knowing how long a person has been a member in addition to how many posts they have made. Those two together help me understand who are some of the people to listen to or I should say put a little more stock in their opinion. I thought this used to be visible but perhaps I am mistaken. Is there any chance it could come back, or be added right near where the post count is.

This ability is already there, you just need to look at the member profile

bp_1374678357__2013-07-24_11-05-01.jpg

To me this sounds like a good use for a blog article.  One of you guys can start to come up with one and we will use that as a reference point.  Start putting out the questions and answers.  People can then chime in with other questions and answers and those can be added to the blog article.  It can become one main article of content to point people to.  That is an idea for now.

Will probably give this a try and see what I can come up with. Maybe a large blog with forum etiquette and one that explains the several features available in the site.

Guest eightbrick

I think what could be interesting is to allow to document sales too and keep them as a part of LEGO portfolio for actual returns calculations. In the end, I could see how much is being reinvested into lego from earlier deals. What do you guys think?

Good idea. This has been mentioned before by others, so you aren't alone ;) I think their response was that they are working on a handful of changes to the Brickfolio feature, so it is on their (extremely long) to do list probably.

I think what could be interesting is to allow to document sales too and keep them as a part of LEGO portfolio for actual returns calculations. In the end, I could see how much is being reinvested into lego from earlier deals. What do you guys think?

Yes this has been discussed before and will be part of an update after the Brick Classifieds is launched

Is there a way to make the subforums under Investing & Collecting in alphabetical order? For some reason I always have a small stroke when I need to try and find 'Monster Fighters' or 'Harry Potter' and they appear to be in the most random of places.

This is now in order

I miss the table header sort functionality on set collection pages, both with/without URL params:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickfolio_search.cfm

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickfolio_search.cfm?theme=614

Restoring this will save me some time exporting data into excel and sorting across my collection and within each category (both lists span multiple pages).

Having the ability to "Show All" (vs. paging) in conjunction with table sort would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!