Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Is the Brickpoints contest still going on for people who have reached 5000 or more brickpoints for the SW polybags?

Yes. Though it is buried somewhere in the forums, a user can choose to redeem their BrickPoints for as many SW polybags as they wish. It is only a matter of getting to 5,000. Some people might get 3, some may get none, it depends. Also, Ed and Jeff have hinted that BrickPoints will be used for something bigger, so in the future, the prizes might be other things besides SW polybags.  :money:

Yes. Though it is buried somewhere in the forums, a user can choose to redeem their BrickPoints for as many SW polybags as they wish. It is only a matter of getting to 5,000. Some people might get 3, some may get none, it depends. Also, Ed and Jeff have hinted that BrickPoints will be used for something bigger, so in the future, the prizes might be other things besides SW polybags.  :money:

Do you know where you can redeem the brickpoints? I already have 5000.

Maybe you've given the max  number of reputation points for the day. I know that happened to Brianl3 once.

I was thinking maybe something like that might have happened. Wasn't sure if there was a limit though. Thanks for clearing that up for me CB. :thumbsup:

The forum search option needs to be looked at. I check for past threads before creating a new one every time. I enter keywords together and individually but I can never find what I am looking for or if a thread had already been made. It's been the only frustrating part of this website. 

Can you give examples of what you searched for?

I searched 'August' to see if anybody had created a thread about the August LEGO calendar and nothing came up. Then I find out somebody did make a thread. I find that about 80% of the time I can never find threads I'm looking for when I use the search function. I think that is why there have been so many duplicate threads as of late. 

I searched 'August' to see if anybody had created a thread about the August LEGO calendar and nothing came up. Then I find out somebody did make a thread. I find that about 80% of the time I can never find threads I'm looking for when I use the search function. I think that is why there have been so many duplicate threads as of late. 

What's the thread you found that the search didn't?

The forum search option needs to be looked at. I check for past threads before creating a new one every time. I enter keywords together and individually but I can never find what I am looking for or if a thread had already been made. It's been the only frustrating part of this website.

The search function has options to only look through specific areas. On the search bar to the left of the small magnifying glass icon, there should be a word shown reading Forums, or This forum, or This topic. Clicking on this allows you to change the section you wish to specifically search. (The search section option varies depending on where you in the forums.)

The results shown are based on words used within topics; not titles.

• Like 2

The search function has options to only look through specific areas. On the search bar to the left of the small magnifying glass icon, there should be a word shown reading Forums, or This forum, or This topic. Clicking on this allows you to change the section you wish to specifically search. (The search section option varies depending on where you in the forums.)The results shown are based on words used within topics; not titles.

Also to build on what TOK said. There is a gear next to the search box That will take you to the advanced search. There you can select to search by title or title and content. That will narrow it down for you.

• Like 1

Does any one know what happed to Blackjack. I can't get to his profile page and where it says something below the profile picture it says banned, when it usually says member, moderator, or something else?

Precisely that. Same thing with Irish Guy in case anyone is wondering. Things finally went too far. I'll leave it to Ed/Jeff if they want to elaborate on that or not.

Yep you guys beat me to it.  Any new member or any time you re login again, it will pick up your country by IP and then you will see a flag in your profile.  I know this will help members talk to one another.  Sometimes you may not realize the person isn't from the US or Europe, etc.   This will help the community more by making a topic more relative to other members.  If the country is not correct, you can update it in your My Settings area.   

If we find countries that are not being identified, we will add them as we go along.  I am sure many of the main ones will be there.

Test :P

Good work.

btw: Why did at some point we see Brickpoints of each member below our location now its gone for some time?

doing some different updates?

Also 1 idea...

make so that the award male/female brickpicker is auto given if/when user gives male/female decision in Brickpicker account settings...

Its pretty inconsistent  as far as I can tell.

Test :P

Good work.

btw: Why did at some point we see Brickpoints of each member below our location now its gone for some time?

doing some different updates?

Also 1 idea...

make so that the award male/female brickpicker is auto given if/when user gives male/female decision in Brickpicker account settings...

Its pretty inconsistent  as far as I can tell.

Actually, I shut off the Brickpoints badge because Blackjack was being annoying..  It will be back.