Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Basically for any Amazon USA link you will just be adding &tag=brickpickpicker-20 for any Amazon US link.

For example

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009TCYK2E/ref=s9_qpp_gw_p21_d79_ir02?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1EWMYCBP8CJXRZ7HG2BM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

Would become this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009TCYK2E/ref=s9_qpp_gw_p21_d79_ir02?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1EWMYCBP8CJXRZ7HG2BM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846&

The same would be for all the other Amazon locations, but they have a different tag for each country

AMAZON UK: brickpicker-21

AMAZON DE: brickpicker04-21

AMAZON FR: brickpicker03-21

AMAZON CA: brickpicker05-20

AMAZON ES: brick00-21

AMAZON IT: brick0e-21

I was just wondering when all the improvments for the currencies and the brickpoints would be done?

Also, thank Ed and Jeff for answering all my questions and all the other members questions.

I think the currencies will be updated within the next two months, once they have enough data from outside the US.

I was just wondering when all the improvments for the currencies and the brickpoints would be done?

Also, thank Ed and Jeff for answering all my questions and all the other members questions.

The Brickpoints are dependent on the Brick Classifieds and they are being worked on. It is impossible to tell right now what exactly the end result will be because some of the code is being written by outside sources. What are you referring to exactly when you say currency improvements?

If you are in the US, you will really not seeing any changes in the currencies and brickfolio if that is what you are asking.  Any of those changes will really only be seen by non-usa members.

Quick question here. Is there a reason why we can't edit posts that were made before our most recent one in that particular thread?

Maybe to keep people honest? But you didn't hear that from me B)

Probably the real answer is spoken in binary, so I made something up instead.

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

Not sure if this is the correct topic to post this, but http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=391-1 shows a Mega Bloks box rather than a Lego box.

Hi Bearcrash. You can report incorrect information directly on a set's page by clicking "notify us by email", or shoot a PM to the admins, Ed Mack or Jeff Mack. Unfortunately, I believe that they have a lot of stuff on their plates so they might not be able to deal with that right away. Lots of sets have incorrect photos, or none at all.

If you are just asking because you want to know some more about the set, I looked it up and it is set 391: 1926 Renault. There's a picture of it here: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=391-1. Hope that helped, brick on!

Guest eightbrick

I'm not sure if this is easy or not to do, but it's a fairly simple addition: How about sorting the list of users online (on the main forums page), first listing your friends, then everyone else?

Good idea, but it might be easier for them to put Friend names in green or something, and that would essentially be the same thing

Just another suggestion, could you bring the chart feature from the review editor into the blog editor? Right now, charts can't be imported from Word unless you save them as a photo and upload them to a website. Thanks... (if you can't do it or it isn't worth it that is fine too)

Just another suggestion, could you bring the chart feature from the review editor into the blog editor? Right now, charts can't be imported from Word unless you save them as a photo and upload them to a website. Thanks... (if you can't do it or it isn't worth it that is fine too)

I am really interested in this too. So far I have been uploading charts as images, but it would work better for it to be like in the review section.

I am really interested in this too. So far I have been uploading charts as images, but it would work better for it to be like in the review section.

We are working on a solution for this.  I am not in control of this, there are reasons they have omitted the table option from this editor and they are working on it for the next version.  I have no idea when that will be, but we have an idea coming until then.  It just needs to be finished and tested.

Darth LEGO and I have talked about this before, so I just thought I would put it here. So the purpose of Reputation Points is so that they would eventually be linked to your BrickPicker Classifieds listing, correct? 

However, people get +1'ed for jokes, plain stupid comments, or get -1'ed because of mistakes in posts, etc. To me, this doesn't really tie in with how good of a seller you are. You could be funny, but ship your LEGO's in plastic bags. 

Maybe once the BrickPicker Classifieds comes out, there would be a separate Reputation Point system for it? Just a few thoughts.

Darth LEGO and I have talked about this before, so I just thought I would put it here. So the purpose of Reputation Points is so that they would eventually be linked to your BrickPicker Catalog listing, correct? 

However, people get +1'ed for jokes, plain stupid comments, or get -1'ed because of mistakes in posts, etc. To me, this doesn't really tie in with how good of a seller you are. You could be funny, but ship your LEGO's in plastic bags. 

Maybe once the BrickPicker Catalogs comes out, there would be a separate Reputation Point system for it? Just a few thoughts.

Lets put it this way.  If people are posting jokes to get reputation points that is a waste.  Reputation points are there for people that make a positive difference or act stupid. If you are making quality posts, then people will and should give you positive reputation points.  

As far as the Classifieds and points there, don't worry about that for now.  Wait until its released to see if it has anything to do with it.  The bottom line, just be a quality poster and everything will remain positive for you.

Ed has said before, everyone doesn't see the whole picture yet.  New features here and there are pieces of the puzzle. Sometimes it will change a little when we get new ideas or think something might be a better idea.  It takes time for things to unfold, but one day, it will be there and you will hopefully be like "Oh, now i get it"