Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

same thing is happening to me - whats the fix?

Thanks!

Here's how to add the signature.

1. Go on the main Brickpicker page and click on the Brickfolio tab.

2. Click on the Promote Brickpicker.com tab.

3. Copy one of the links shown.

4. Go to your profile and post that link in your signature.

5. Enjoy!

If you have any more questions please ask! :)

Can we edit posts somehow? And is there a way to see when the Brickfolio data has been last updated, or should we just check fairly often near the middle of the month?

If you go to the lower section of your posts you should see a faint "Edit" tab pretty much where you usually see the "Quote" and some of the other features.

I see that you still have plenty of notifications turned on to receive emails?

http://www.screencast.com/t/inMTUjKQLGW

Thank you Jeff---my fault---I didn't scroll enough to right--to see other column I had to un-check.And Diablo was right as well--I guess once you are signed up for notifications on some threads--you need to go in and delete them individually.  Did both--and no more emails!  Thanks guys!

It's a great feature to keep people coming back--but I am on this site for hours every day--so email is redundant.

What do people think of having a location requirememnt for membership?  I don't know how many times I read posts, and wish I had some general idea of where the person lived.

Yes, maybe 15% of the people on the site put their location. Most have nothing, or jokes.  For instance---I have no idea what state/country you are in.  I understand some are afriad of robbery or whatever--but just a city and state---or region of a state would be a huge help.

Yes, maybe 15% of the people on the site put their location. Most have nothing, or jokes.  For instance---I have no idea what state/country you are in.  I understand some are afriad of robbery or whatever--but just a city and state---or region of a state would be a huge help.

I'll talk to Jeff tomorrow about it. I know we were talking at one time of putting country flags on each members posts. I don't know if we can force people to supply information like that. I never filled out my bio so maybe that is a reason mine is not there. Let me look into it.

I run Chrome as well and clearing your cache and browsing history is a must.

OK, I have cleared my cookies and cache. I have signed out, back in again.

No change. I search for a specific set, it shows me the entire collection.

Out of interest I tried it on IE8 (blimey its slow compared to Chrome). Same search issue.

Over to you :D

PS: This is my revenge! I work in IT support and have to put up with questions like "I've been disconnected (whiny voice) [Me] Is your network cable plugged in? - er... No - [Me] Well plug it in!"

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Your turn...  :super:

Out of interest I tried it on IE8 (blimey its slow compared to Chrome). Same search issue.

PS: This is my revenge! I work in IT support and have to put up with questions like "I've been disconnected (whiny voice) [Me] Is your network cable plugged in? - er... No - [Me] Well plug it in!"

Yeh but imagine I work as PC repair man :D

The amazing questions peopel ask is just over the hill of fun and joeks that we make :D

Yeh but imagine I work as PC repair man :D

The amazing questions peopel ask is just over the hill of fun and joeks that we make :D

Oh I have to do that to sometimes. As far as the users are concerned, if it has a plug on it, I support.

Now say all together: "have you switched it off and on again?" :D

Great work Jeff...

hope you're not fed up with me posting so many things I see... I can PM you next time if you prefer to not spam forums lol

Questions like that I are good because others may have noticed.  I don't switch over to other currencies enough which is bad on my part.  Overall this thread was really to talk about requesting new features, ideas and questions on how things work.  It really wasn't meant to be a support thread, but things evolve.  In the end, if there is an error, I want to know about it so that it can be taken care.  Do I want to know spelling mistakes or bad use of punctuation, no, not really :)  This thread will be 50,000,000 pages long.

• Like 1

Please don't hurt yourself.  Take a look again.  There are two ways to see your sets in the overall.  If you type 3 digits of the set or start typing the set name, you will see it autodisplay if it finds it.  Or you just type in the search like 101, hit enter and it should show you the sets you have that include 101 in the set number.  Let me know if you are seeing that now.