Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Guest eightbrick

Eating copious amounts of canned meat with all of your best pals, right? Although I feel like you shouldn't get in trouble for that...

LOL. I think that is enough to warrant a like. Anyway... will people will also earn reputation/like points for completed transactions on the Classifieds? Sort of like eBay feedback?

Guest eightbrick

It will be its own system, it will have nothing to do with the forum at all.

That makes sense thanks for answering all my dumb questions ;) Someone give this guy the Good Member Award.

Basically we are really looking for people to "like" quality posts.  Stuff that makes a difference on the forum, posts that bring new life to a thread, really great points.  Hitting the "like" button for generic posts from forum buddies will be considered spam (especially if used too much)

So is it just me or the new feature prevents people from seeing how many likes a post receives ?

Guest eightbrick

On my computer they seem fine, some days the audio gets messed up but I think that is a problem on my end.

Can anyone else view the embedded videos today? All I am getting since some hours earlier today is a black screen where the video should be showing nothing but the play button.

On my computer they seem fine, some days the audio gets messed up but I think that is a problem on my end.

I can play your vids in joke thread no problem and the one I just posted in quick flips thread looks ok too

I closed my browser and then cleaned out all temporary internet files, logged back in, and they seem to work now as usual. No idea what happened cause when I first logged in earlier....yesterday now, the videos looked fine and played as usual and then I posted another video and everything went dark. Weird....

Oh technology, how I will never truly understand thee.

I closed my browser and then cleaned out all temporary internet files, logged back in, and they seem to work now as usual. No idea what happened cause when I first logged in earlier....yesterday now, the videos looked fine and played as usual and then I posted another video and everything went dark. Weird....

Oh technology, how I will never truly understand thee.

You weren't using Internet Exploder were you?

So is it just me or the new feature prevents people from seeing how many likes a post receives ?

For me, I can't see how many people liked a post, and who like it. Once I click Like This, it just changes to Unlike. 

I don't think it's a huge deal though. If it's quality, it will get likes. If it isn't, then it won't. Simple as that! :D

Take a look at the first post here:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4926-forum-rules-regulations-facts-and-etiquette/?p=143220

You will see that it says "TheOrcKing, ph4tb0i, Grolim and 11 others like this"

There is also a star on that post because it has over 10 likes.  So after 2 or 3 likes, it will give you a count of how many others like it.

So basically you get more info, not less than before.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4926-forum-rules-regulations-facts-and-etiquette/?p=143220

There is also a star on that post because it has over 10 likes.  So after 2 or 3 likes, it will give you a count of how many others like it.

Do you have to hit "like this" before you see that information on a post? I haven't used the button yet and haven't actually seen any posts that say "So and So liked this". I do however, see the star on the top of the post.

Just wondering as I wasn't using the button yet because I hadn't noticed anyone else doing so.

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

Do you have to hit "like this" before you see that information on a post? I haven't used the button yet and haven't actually seen any posts that say "So and So liked this". I do however, see the star on the top of the post.

Just wondering as I wasn't using the button yet because I hadn't noticed anyone else doing so.

Yeah, it's not showing up on the desktop or mobile sites for me, I tried liking, unliking etc. for the whole lot. Maybe the function is only visible for moderators?

It works just like the other button.  But you should be able to see how liked other posts.  I just liked yours so you can see it.

I can see it, too. I don't think I'll be using the feature any more, though - I am terrible at remembering names, etc., and don't want to be arrested for spamming if I suddenly have a rash of posts I like from the same person and don't remember I've already hit like whatever number of times that day/week for that person.

• Like 1

Accountability.  Perfect.

I can see it, too. I don't think I'll be using the feature any more, though - I am terrible at remembering names, etc., and don't want to be arrested for spamming if I suddenly have a rash of posts I like from the same person and don't remember I've already hit like whatever number of times that day/week for that person.

Don't look into that much.  If it is a good post, Like it, that's all there is to it.  Just never Like posts that are "LOL!" and stuff like that.

• Like 1

Don't look into that much.  If it is a good post, Like it, that's all there is to it.  Just never Like posts that are "LOL!" and stuff like that.

Oh, good, thanks for the clarification. I have the online social awareness skills of your average cheddar cheese - it's why I can never engage in a really satisfactory online feud, I lose track of who my friends and foes are.  :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...