Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Thanks....you guys really take care of us here! I've never been on a forum where concerns were addressed so quickly and great solutions implemented so fast. Unbelievable response time and repair as always.

In other news is there a clock ticking on us (don't post mine publicly!) That shows how much time we are active on site...and daily page views per unique user type stuff? I think I am active on this site at least 2-4 hours or more a day! I don't even visit my car club sites any more.

Edit..my wife says closer to 4! Had to edit and put a range between my guess and hers.

Hi there!

Any chance that the product info page could list the "product availability" for a set, as specified by lego website?

You would just need to do an automatic search on lego.com for the set number and then scrape the "product availability" field.  That would then quickly show people which sets are Retired Product or not.

Many thanks!

Hi there!

Any chance that the product info page could list the "product availability" for a set, as specified by lego website?

You would just need to do an automatic search on lego.com for the set number and then scrape the "product availability" field.  That would then quickly show people which sets are Retired Product or not.

Many thanks!

Basically for the Lego Shop links, if it shows the price, then the set is still in their catalog/on their site.  If it is just a "search" message, then its not there.  I get a feed from them.  Is it always 100% up to date by them, I am not really sure.

Basically for the Lego Shop links, if it shows the price, then the set is still in their catalog/on their site.  If it is just a "search" message, then its not there.  I get a feed from them.  Is it always 100% up to date by them, I am not really sure.

This is what I use to do it.

It would be cool to have the retirement date - but I guess we would have to pull that from Bricklink? May not be possible - but I do have to check both. Maybe just the year would help.

Hey Jeff, the new Facebook/Rewards ticker/banner thing you added. I can't get it to collapse on my ipad1. Not a big deal, but it blocks some content on the forum page. And if I add a new set to my brickfolio, the banner sits right on top of the new/used selector. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hey Jeff, the new Facebook/Rewards ticker/banner thing you added. I can't get it to collapse on my ipad1. Not a big deal, but it blocks some content on the forum page. And if I add a new set to my brickfolio, the banner sits right on top of the new/used selector. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

You can remove it.  Bottom right corner there is a down arrow.

Yeah, I clicked it, it doesn't remove the entire banner :(

I am looking at it on my iPad 4, sure it still shows the little button in the lower right, but it does not block the site or anything important.

Nice... Is he meeting with anyone, like Huw from Brickset?

Not this time, but most likely on my next trip in a couple of months.

Guest eightbrick

Aw... No more Space Swarmers to give him? Personally I find Brickset a lot more welcoming to the investor than Eurobricks, in part due to some big guns like LegoFanTexas. Good place to scout out new Brickpickers :D

Jeff is on his way to England.  I will look on my Ipad at home and see if there is something that you are missing.  Otherwise, he will take a look tomorrow.

The lengths some people go to for polybags!  I might bother to make the trip to town for Daily Mail promos then. :)

Jeff is on his way to England.  I will look on my Ipad at home and see if there is something that you are missing.  Otherwise, he will take a look tomorrow.

He could have said, we could have ordered some cheap Lego :)

He'll be pleased to know its not stopped raining for a week.

It was 30 degrees two weeks ago.

I am looking at it on my iPad 4, sure it still shows the little button in the lower right, but it does not block the site or anything important.

It does semi block things like the Mulit quote button on the iPad. Also when I scroll tap the bar goes with it, blocking about a third of the page until I take my finger off the screen. Then it vanishes. And repeats when I scroll up agin. This is with the bar minimized.

In the blog about "Introducing the Brickpoints Store", it says you earn a point for posting an image in the gallery but I just posted a bunch in there and my points didn't budge an inch. I don't have a problem since those images are for some blogs of mine; I'm just wondering if that rule has changed or if something is up.

Must be a setting that needs to be changed.  I'll mention it to Jeff.

In the blog about "Introducing the Brickpoints Store", it says you earn a point for posting an image in the gallery but I just posted a bunch in there and my points didn't budge an inch. I don't have a problem since those images are for some blogs of mine; I'm just wondering if that rule has changed or if something is up.

I have the same problem too.

Must be a setting that needs to be changed.  I'll mention it to Jeff.

Cool. Aside from the little point thing, the gallery feature is perfect! It was really easy uploading a number of pics, give em' proper tags for organizing, quick browsing, and some other stuff. It's great and helped my current article go by a lot smoother so many thanks for the gallery. :thumbsup: